But it’s National Grilled Cheese Month (!), so let’s celebrate with a new creation born from an old classic.
You know how you eat roast beef with horseradish cream sauce for Christmas or New Year’s? I brought the horseradish into the sandwich in the form of wasabi cheese today, and it’s a great, snappy addition, along with some bitter arugula and sweet fig jam.
Our Sunday Supper crew has some 20 special grilled cheese creations for you today, sponsored by our friends Gallo Family Vineyards. Grilled cheese for dinner is the perfect excuse to relax with a glass of wine.
Recipe: Roast Beef Horseradish Arugula Grilled Cheese
Summary: Meaty, spiced with wasabi cheese, stuffed with bitter arugula and a slather of fig jam, this is a sandwich that hits all the flavor notes.
- Crusty sandwich roll
- Dijon mustard
- Fig jam
- Sliced rare roast beef
- Sliced wasabi cheese
- Baby arugula leaves
- Slit the roll, spread mustard lightly on one side and fig jam lightly on the other side.
- Layer roast beef, cheese slices and arugula on one side, and then put the bread lid on.
- Grill in a George Foreman-style grill or panini press (or in a hot skillet) until the bread is toasted on the outside and the cheese is melted on the inside.
- Remove, cut in half and serve.
- Serves 1.
Dorothy Reinhold | Shockingly Delicious
Gallo Family Vineyards Café Zinfandel. This zippy sandwich pairs quite nicely with Café Zinfandel, which has all the deep flavor of a zin in a lighter, smoother, fruity, lightly sparkling style. With hints of strawberry, raspberry and watermelon, this is a perfect sandwich wine, patio wine and picnic wine. You can find more information about Gallo Family Vineyards on their website, and where to buy their products through their Where to Buy Tool.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 1
Culinary tradition: USA (Nouveau)
Today’s Sunday Supper recipes
This week our #SundaySupper blogger crew is celebrating National Grilled Cheese Month, sponsored by Gallo Family Vineyards. Check out the super sandwiches we have grilled up for you and our wine pairings for each of them! Try my delicious Roast Beef Horseradish Arugula Grilled Cheese with some Gallo Family Vineyards Café Zinfandel or find something else from the menu below that rings your chimes:
- Apple, Prosciutto and Gruyere Grilled Cheese by Hip Foodie Mom
- Berry Chocolate Panini Sandwich with Wine Reduction Sauce by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Brie, Ham, and Blackberry Grilled Cheese by Healthy. Delicious.
- Cafe Zinfandel Caramelized Onion Grilled Cheese by In The Kitchen With KP
- Caramelized Onion, Mushroom & Arugula Grilled Cheese by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- French Onion Grilled Cheese by Family Foodie
- Funky Monkey Grilled Cheese Sammie by The Messy Baker
- Greek Salad Grilled Cheese by Ruffles & Truffles
- Grilled Cheese & Bison Sandwiches by The Foodie Army Wife
- Grilled Goat Cheese w/ Tomatoes & Tarragon on Olive Bread by girlichef
- Grilled Mascarpone on Chocolate Cherry Bread with Blackberry Cabernet Compote by Desserts Required
- Grilled Pimento Cheese Sandwich by Magnolia Days
- Honey Glazed Peach and Pork Tenderloin Grilled Cheese by Melanie Makes
- Kentucky Hot Brown Grilled Cheese by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Mediterranean Grilled Cheese by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Monte Cristo Grilled Cheese by The Dinner-Mom
- Mushroom Duxelles & Asparagus Grilled Cheese by Foxes Love Lemons
- Parmesan Crusted Baked Grilled Cheese by Alida’s Kitchen
- Roast Beef Horseradish Arugula Grilled Cheese by Shockingly Delicious
- Roasted Red Pepper, Feta, and Olive Grilled Cheese by Neighborfood
Join us around the family table for #SundaySupper
- Twitter how-to: Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag throughout the day on Twitter to see our recipes. To join the conversation anytime, simply use the #SundaySupper hashtag to share your favorite tips and recipes.
- Pinterest: Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more recipes and photos.
- Join: To join the Sunday Supper Movement, sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed here are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.