We’re goin’ green today in honor of the upcoming St. Patrick’s Day.
I offer you my favorite Irish toast:
Wherever you go and whatever you do,
May the luck of the Irish be there with you.
I’ve brought my lucky salad, made with the very special Ojai Pixie tangerines, California avocados and red radishes. Pixies are sweet, petite and ready to eat, straight from the family farms of California’s Ojai Valley. They have a relatively short season, starting right now, so get them when you see them. If you can’t find them, of course feel free to use other tangerines.
Recipe: Pixie Dust Salad with Avocados, Pixie Tangerines and Radishes
Summary: Creamy avocado meets super sweet Ojai Pixie tangerines in the presence of cumin and chives. Magic ensues.
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons Vanilla-Infused Olive Oil (or use regular extra-virgin olive oil)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch kosher salt
- 2 Ojai Pixie tangerines
- 1 California avocado
- 2 radishes
- Garnish: 1-2 tablespoons finely minced chives
- Add lemon juice, olive oil, cumin and salt to a large salad bowl and stir to combine (this is the dressing).
- Peel and section the tangerines. Cut each section into 3 chunks; add to the bowl. Cut the avocado in half, remove pit and peel and dice the flesh; add to bowl. Remove greenery and root from radishes, wash, dry and cut into tiny matchstick pieces; add to bowl.
- Very gently toss the salad with the dressing, using just a few turns of a plastic spoon or spatula, so the avocado doesn’t mush.
- Place in a serving bowl for family-style service, or portion onto 3-4 small plates for individual salads, and garnish with minced chives.
- Serves 3-4 as a side salad.
Original recipe by Dorothy Reinhold | Shockingly Delicious
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Diet type: Vegan, vegetarian
Diet tags: Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 3-4
Culinary tradition: USA (Southwestern)
If you like this recipe and want to save it, pin it using the image below to your Pinterest board.
Today’s Sunday Supper recipes
This week our #SundaySupper blogger crew is celebrating healthy green recipes for St. Patrick’s Day, hosted by Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures. Take a look at our green goodness!
- Get Your Greens Smoothie by Hardly A Goddess
- Green Breakfast Omelet Bites by Momma’s Meals
- Green Eggs and Ham by Feeding Big
- Green Scrambled Eggs with Ham by Cricket’s Confections
- Kuku Sabzi – Persian Herb Frittata by Caroline’s Cooking
- Matcha Overnight Oats by Brunch-n-Bites
- Southwest Breakfast Spinach Wrap by The Freshman Cook
- Super Green Smoothie by Simple and Savory
Must Make Main Dishes
- Chicken Paillard Arugula Truffle Salad by Family Foodie
- Gambian Spinach with Peanut Sauce by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Grilled Lettuce and Steak Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Pan Roasted Cod on Spinach Basil Risotto with Lemon Butter Sauce by Positively Stacey
- Poached Cod with Pesto Wine Sauce by Life Tastes Good
- Potato Leek Skillet Pizza by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sautéed Garlic and Parmesan Chicken With Spinach by My Sweet Savings
- Skinny Reuben Wraps with Homemade 1000 Island Dressing by For the Love of Food
- Tequila Chicken Salad by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Brussels Sprout and Kale Salad by Pies and Plots
- Green Goddess Bibb Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Pixie Dust Salad with Avocados, Pixie Tangerines and Radishes by Shockingly Delicious
- Quinoa Tabbouleh by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sesame Wedge Salad with Key Lime Vinaigrette & Pickled Green Tomatoes by Gourmet Everyday
- Shades of Green Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Zucchini Carpaccio Salad by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Colcannon by Wholistic Woman
- Green Goddess Dip by From the Bookshelf
- Grilled Cabbage with Spicy Lime Dressing by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Irish Cabbage by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Miso Roasted Broccoli by Life Currents
- Pistachio Parmesan Oven Fries by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts by Books n’ Cooks
- Soy Glazed Sugar Snap Peas by Food Lust People Love
- Spinach Tots by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Warm Brussels Sprout Slaw by Jersey Girl Cooks
Join us around the family table for #SundaySupper
- Twitter how-to: Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag throughout the day on Twitter to see our recipes. To join the conversation anytime, simply use the #SundaySupper hashtag to share your favorite tips and recipes.
- Pinterest: Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more recipes and photos.
- Join: To join the Sunday Supper Movement, sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement.
Disclosure: Melissa’s Produce sent the Ojai Pixie tangerines for recipe development.