We’re goin’ green today in honor of the upcoming St. Patrick’s Day.
I offer you my favorite Irish toast:
Wherever you go and whatever you do,
May the luck of the Irish be there with you.
I’ve brought my lucky salad, made with the very special Ojai Pixie tangerines, California avocados and red radishes. Pixies are sweet, petite and ready to eat, straight from the family farms of California’s Ojai Valley. They have a relatively short season, so get them when you see them. If you can’t find them, of course feel free to use other tangerines.
Recipe: Pixie Dust Salad with Avocados, Pixie Tangerines and Radishes
Summary: Creamy avocado meets super sweet Ojai Pixie tangerines in the presence of cumin and chives. Magic ensues.
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons Vanilla-Infused Olive Oil (or use regular extra-virgin olive oil)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch kosher salt
- 2 Ojai Pixie tangerines
- 1 California avocado
- 2 radishes
- Garnish: 1-2 tablespoons finely minced chives
- Add lemon juice, olive oil, cumin and salt to a large salad bowl and stir to combine (this is the dressing).
- Peel and section the tangerines. Cut each section into 3 chunks; add to the bowl. Cut the avocado in half, remove pit and peel and dice the flesh; add to bowl. Remove greenery and root from radishes, wash, dry and cut into tiny matchstick pieces; add to bowl.
- Very gently toss the salad with the dressing, using just a few turns of a plastic spoon or spatula, so the avocado doesn’t mush.
- Place in a serving bowl for family-style service, or portion onto 3-4 small plates for individual salads, and garnish with minced chives.
- Serves 3-4 as a side salad.
Original recipe by Dorothy Reinhold | Shockingly Delicious
See this page for all the wonderful #SundaySupper dishes I have made since I joined this group, and links to all the other delicious dishes made by my fellow cooks.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Diet type: Vegan, vegetarian
Diet tags: Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 3-4
Culinary tradition: USA (Southwestern)
Today’s Sunday Supper recipes
This week our #SundaySupper blogger crew is celebrating green foods and beverages for St. Patrick’s Day, hosted by DB/Foodie Stuntman of Crazy Foodie Stunts. Take a look at our green goodness!
Green Light Appetizers and Sides
- Espinacas con Crema (Creamed Spinach) from La Cocina de Leslie
- Steakhouse Style Creamed Spinach from It’s Yummi!
- Oven-Fried Green Beans from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Irish Champ from girlichef
- Fresh Herb Tabouleh from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Moroccan Greens from Cooking On The Ranch
- Broccoli and Cheese Soup from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Polenta Crust Creamed Spinach Tart from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cheesy Broccoli Baked Potatoes from MealDiva
- Spinach and Artichoke Squares from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Green Rice from Basic N Delicious
- Broccoli and Blue Cheese Tarts from Mess Makes Food
- Avocado Fries from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Spinach Cashew Pakoras with Tangy Date Sauce from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Garlicky Italian Green Beans and Potatoes from Webicurean
Getting Greens Through Salads
- Pixie Dust Salad with Avocados, Pixie Tangerines and Radishes from Shockingly Delicious
- Roasted Broccoli Spinach Salad from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Apple, Spinach and Zucchini Salad from Hip Foodie Mom
- Brussels Sprouts Slaw from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Asparagus-Fennel-Pea Shoot Salad from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Cilantro Lime Ranch Dressing from The Foodie Army Wife
- Creamy Chicken Pesto Salad from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Entreés That Will Leave You Green With Envy
- Eggs and Greens Pizza from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Creamy Green Pizza from The Foodie Patootie
- Shamrock Spinach Crepes from Curious Cuisiniere
- Healthy Green Pasta from Momma’s Meals
- Swiss Chard & Sausage Pasta Bake from Delaware Girl Eats
- Smothered Cabbage with Pork from Food Lust People Love
- Spinach Fettuccine with Bacon Alfredo from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Roasted Asparagus Eggs Benedict With Cajun Hollandaise from Having Fun Saving
- Indulgent Pesto Risotto from The Weekend Gourmet
- Twice Baked Turkey Pie with Cabbage from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Slow-Cooker Irish Stout Chicken Stew from FoodieTots
- Chicken and Asparagus Flatbread Pizza from Family Foodie
Desserts and Beverages That Will Make Others Turn Green
- Lemon Kiwi Meringue Pie from Desserts Required
- Mint Cookies and Stout Shake from Melanie Makes
- Verde Sangria from Country Girl in the Village
- Baileys Mint Ice Cream & Chocolate Stout Float from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Shamrock Cookies from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Green Tea Latte from Manu’s Menu
- Grasshopper Mousse from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Amazing Grass Brownies from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Leprechaun Ice Cream from Cookistry
- White Chocolate Cupcakes with Pistachio Pudding Frosting from Cookin’ Mimi
- Collard Greens, Mushroom, and Cheddar Bread Pudding from The Texan New Yorker
- Coconut Avocado Ice Cream from URBAN BAKES
- Lime Meltaways from Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Mint Cake from NinjaBaking.com
Join us around the family table for #SundaySupper
- Twitter how-to: Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag throughout the day on Twitter to see our recipes. To join the conversation anytime, simply use the #SundaySupper hashtag to share your favorite tips and recipes.
- Pinterest: Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more recipes and photos.
- Join: To join the Sunday Supper Movement, sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement.
Disclosure: Melissa’s Produce sent the Ojai Pixie tangerines for recipe development.