The best wine is one YOU like, that pleases YOUR palate and enhances your cocktail hour or your meal. It’s a very personal matter, like all things relating to taste.
One of the easiest wines for many people to like is Moscato, a light, fruity, refreshing and slightly sweet wine that is approachable and at home in a wine cocktail, sangria, alongside dinner or with dessert. It has become so popular that four years ago Gallo Family Vineyards declared a National Moscato Day to celebrate their white, pink and red versions. It’s gotten more popular every year. If you haven’t tried it yet, you might like to make this the year.
To help you determine which Moscato you might like, Gallo has a super fun, lively “Moscatofy Yourself” quiz. All you do is answer a few questions that might seem goofy on the face of it, but at the end they yield the all-important answer — which Moscato you are. Head over to their site to take the test yourself, but in the meantime, I’ll tantalize you with my answers, in the form of a photo collage. No surprise to me, I came up as Original White Moscato! Apparently I’m a classic, I enjoy approachable people and things that are friendly and reliable. If you know me, you know this is absolutely true. Could such a simple test tell me more things about myself, too? I wonder if I could get them to expand the test to answer more personal details. Hmmm…
With that in mind to celebrate Moscato Day, I set out to make dinner with White Moscato. I wanted something that was satisfying but not heavy, that was easy and elegant, and that would be at home on the family table or at a dinner party. This chicken dish satisfies, on every count. The Moscato makes a wonderful, sweet-savory sauce that’s just right with the creamy beans and tender leeks, with crunchy chicken on top. Winner winner chicken dinner, indeed! (And check out my new rescue dog, Kai, sacked out on the couch while I cooked dinner!) This is a restaurant-quality meal, friends.This week our #SundaySupper blogger crew is celebrating National Moscato Day, sponsored by Gallo Family Vineyards. We’re sipping Moscato and using it to great effect in our recipes. Actual Moscato Day is May 9, but we wanted to get on your radar early so you could be sure to celebrate with us! In fact, if you’d like, head to the Gallo Family #MoscatoDay now and sign up for their Twitter party, for a chance to win goodies from Gallo Family Vineyards and a “Mix It Up with Moscato” Mixology Kit. Planning a party? The kit will get you in the mood. In my recipe today, I’m suggesting you use White Moscato. But if you’d like to sip, you can also try their Pink or Red varieties. You can find them widely available in your grocery store (or use their store locator here).
Today’s Sunday Supper recipes
Meanwhile, check out our collection of 20 recipes we have lined up for you today from the Sunday Supper cooks. Try my Lemon Leek Moscato Chicken, or choose another recipe from the menu below to serve around your own family table.
- Mixed Berry Moscato Smoothie by Casa de Crews
- Moscato Pink Lemonade by Life Tastes Good
- Sparkling Strawberry Grapefruit Moscato Punch by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Summer Berry Sangria by One Sweet Mess
- Moscato Marinated Grapes by Nosh My Way
- Spicy Hummus with Jalapeno Cilantro Salsa by Recipe for Perfection
- Chorizo Carbonara by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Duck with Moscato Peach Sauce by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Grilled Blackened Shrimp Lettuce Wraps with Moscato Fruit Salsa by Simply Healthy Family
- Halibut en Papillote with Moscato-Onion Jam by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Honey Walnut and Blue Cheese Shrimp with Sweet Potato Noodles by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lemon Leek Moscato Chicken by Shockingly Delicious
- Pineapple Avocado Spinach Salad by Family Foodie
- Berry Peach Citrus Crisp by Desserts Required
- Donauwelle Kuchen (Danube Wave Cake) by Magnolia Days
- Moscato Mixed Berry Pie by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Moscato Pudding Parfaits by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Moscato White Chocolate Sabayon with Raspberries by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Strawberry Basil Upside Down Cake by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Sugar Cookie Fruit Tarts by Alida’s Kitchen
Celebrating Moscato Day on the Sunday Supper Movement Website
Join us around the family table for #SundaySupper
- Twitter how-to: Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag throughout the day on Twitter to see our recipes. To join the conversation anytime, simply use the #SundaySupper hashtag to share your favorite tips and recipes.
- Pinterest: Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more recipes and photos.
- Join: To join the Sunday Supper Movement, sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed here are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards. Gallo would love it if you connected with them on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube. I enjoy chatting with them on their social media about wine pairings with my recipes; they’re good with an answer if you are waffling.