We’re wishing happy 2nd birthday to Sunday Supper today. It has come a long way from the first virtual progressive dinner with eight attendees on Jan. 8, 2012.
These days, we have between 30-40 participants sharing our recipes each week, hundreds who officially belong to the group, and hundreds (thousands?) more who jump on for the Twitter party each Sunday evening.
I’ve enjoyed my time with Sunday Supper, but as close as you can feel to people when you interact with them frequently online, nothing beats an up-close-and-personal meeting! I was lucky enough to meet and dine with founder Isabel Laessig and right-hand-woman Renee Dobbs in real life in New Orleans this year. We shared an epic dinner at Restaurant August in New Orleans, and we had such fun!
Come to think of it, this year I also met Anne Papina Smith from Webicurean at a blogger’s retreat in May, and Kim Watkinson from The Ninja Baker when we discovered we live less than 10 miles from each other in L.A.
Just like eating today around the family table brings families closer, cooking each Sunday with my virtual Sunday Supper cooks binds us together as a family. I hope to meet more of my new family this coming year.
Meanwhile, I’m celebrating the birthday with a picnic on the beach and a healthy tuna salad, chock full of a couple of ingredients you don’t usually find with tuna — bok choy and raisins. Try it. You’ll be a convert.
Recipe: Day at the Beach Healthy Tuna Salad
Summary: Healthy tuna in oil is the star, with baby bok choy giving crunch and greens, and raisins adding a sweet pop in this lively tuna salad.
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon Meyer lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (5-ounce) can tuna in oil
- ½ a yellow bell pepper
- 2 baby bok choy, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely minced
- Sea salt
- Hydrate raisins by soaking them in boiling hot water for a couple of minutes.
- Whisk lemon juice, Dijon and olive oil in the bottom of a large mixing bowl. Add tuna and its oil, bell pepper, bok choy and dill and stir to mix well. Drain raisins and add them; stir to mix. Taste and add a pinch of sea salt if needed, and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Serves 2.
Dorothy Reinhold | Shockingly Delicious
See this page for all the wonderful #SundaySupper dishes I have made since I joined this group, and links to all the other delicious dishes made by my fellow cooks.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Diet type: Pescatarian
Number of servings (yield): 2
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
This week our #SundaySupper blogger crew is celebrating the birthday of Sunday Supper, hosted by Liz of That Skinny Chick Can Bake. Check out the variety of things we have cooked up for you! Try this Healthy Tuna Salad or find something else from the menu below that rings your chimes:
Brilliant Breads and Breakfast Fare:
- Brioche aux Pépites de Chocolat from Food Lust People Love
- Broccoli, Potato & Cheese Egg Cups from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Celebration Strawberry Crepes from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Homemade Brioche from Masala Herb
- Onion Cheddar Cheese Focaccia from Flour On My Face
- Poached Pear Bread from Hip Foodie Mom
Amazing Appetizers and Cocktails:
- Blood Orange Gin Fizz from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Blue Cheese Walnut Tarts from Magnolia Days
- Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Stuffed Butternut Squash from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Cheesy Twists from What Smells So Good?
- Key Lime Pie Martini from girlichef
- Pizza Dip from The Food Army Wife
- Slow Cooker Party Mix from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
Spectacular Soups and Salads:
- Creamy, Tangy Bacon Salad Dressing from Daily Dish Recipes
- Day at the Beach Healthy Tuna Salad from Shockingly Delicious
- Low Carb Spicy Chunky Vegetable Beef Chili from Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Luscious Fruit Salad from Pescetarian Journal
- Quinoa and Buffalo Chicken Salad from In the Kitchen with KP
- Carne de Porco Alentejana | Portuguese Pork and Clams from Family Foodie
- Chicken Shami Kebab from Soni’s Food
- Chicken and Rice Dinner in the Crock from Momma’s Meals
- Curried Chicken from The Foodie Patootie
- Healthy Chicken Tetrazzini from Citronlimette
- Imagination Stew from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Orecchiette with Chicken, Brocccoli, Mushrooms and Onions from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Runny Egg Risotto from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Sautéed Chicken with Tarragon Cream Sauce plus Arugula, Radicchio and Escarole Salad from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Seafood Stew from Healthy. Delicious.
- Spice-Crusted Fish Tacos with Confetti Salsa from The Weekend Gourmet
- Spicy Roasted Squash and Wild Rice Bake from Curious Cuisiniere
- Spicy Shrimp Tempura Rolls from kimchi MOM
- Spinach Proscuitto Macaroni and Cheese with Walnut Topping from Noshing with the Nolands
- Tuscan Chicken Spinach Soup with Roasted Red Pepper from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Azuki Red Bean Ice Cream from The Ninja Baker
- Banana Pudding Parfaits from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Birthday Cake Macaron from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Caramel Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars from Pies and Pots
- Chocolate Mousse Torte from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Sugar Churros and Chocolate Sauce from Neighborfood
- Crumb Cake Brownies from Table for Seven
- Frozen Chocolate Covered Banana Pops from Ruffles & Truffles
- Gluten-Free Epiphany Cake from Happy Baking Days
- Gluten-Free Vegan Coconut Cookies by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Happy Birthday Cake Batter Truffles from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Kahlua Toffee Ice Cream Cake from Webicurean
- Mini Chocolate Bundt Cake with Raspberry Sauce from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Pineapple Coconut Cupcakes from Basic N Delicious
- S’mores Snack Cake from Alida’s Kitchen
Join us around the family table for #SundaySupper
- Twitter how-to: Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag throughout the day on Twitter to see our recipes. To join the conversation anytime, simply use the #SundaySupper hashtag to share your favorite tips and recipes.
- Pinterest: Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more recipes and photos.
- Join: To join the Sunday Supper Movement, sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement.