Cheesy Egg Mummy for Halloween
Print This Post
Halloween shouldn’t be just for sweet treats, should it?
How about some tricks…a spooky breakfast for Halloween morning?
Just 3 main ingredients give you all kinds of food fun. What are you waiting for?
A little cheese on a simple fried egg over easy makes a great Halloween Cheesy Egg Mummy. Boo!
- Heat a small frying pan or skillet and add bacon fat or olive oil, whichever you will be using.
- When hot, crack the egg into the skillet and turn the heat down to low.
- While egg is cooking, cut several slices of cheese and then cut the slices into thin strips. The strips can be different lengths.
- When egg is halfway done, flip it over using a spatula. When the yolk is cooked nearly to your liking (I like mine firm; others like them more runny), turn the heat off and move the skillet to a cool burner. Let the egg cool for 1-2 minutes. (If you apply cheese to piping hot egg, it will melt and the wrapping won't be distinguishable as strips.)
- Apply cheese strips to resemble mummy wrapping, and put 2 eyes peeking out.
- Enjoy with Halloween gusto!
- Serves 1.
Recipe source: Dorothy Reinhold | Shockingly Delicious
Copyright Dorothy Reinhold | ShockinglyDelicious.com. All rights reserved.
It only takes a couple of ingredients to make this kind of fun.
I can’t get over the eyeballs!
Grab your fork!
Disclosure: Kerrygold sent the cheese for recipe development.