1. Dew drops on my kale leaves, complete with bug holes! Now THAT’s organic!
2. These gorgeous Rose Cookies at Iambaker. She says they are best on day 4! (Imagine cookies lasting four days at your house!) I want every color of the rainbow.
3. Mason Cash Cranberry Orange Scone Mix! Perfect.
4. I love brevity AND people’s stories. Have you seen the Six-Word Memoirs? Brilliant!
Here’s my instant memoir:
Cook, serve, eat, clean up. Repeat.
Breakfast barely over. Dreaming of lunch!
5. Speaking of people’s stories, if your house was burning, what would you take with you? These snippets and photos are a whole interview condensed into one question, at The Burning House.
6. And one more garden thing I love — when the sugar snap peas are flowering and setting. Good eating awaits!
8. The new Facebook pages I just made for the greens-growing company I am doing some work for. Check out (and LIKE! Please LIKE!) all three of these pages. I’ll be guiding you to some delicious ways to eat your greens in the coming months.
–Cut `n Clean Greens
–San Miguel Produce
–Jade Asian Greens
9. Safest Choice Eggs, which use a new technology to pasteurize fresh eggs in the shell, so you can make a runny fried egg without fearing salmonella. Genius!
10. And I’ll leave you with this quick idea for a Portobello Mushroom Burger, from my pal Nena L. She got the idea from a cooking class at the California Health & Longevity Institute at the Four Seasons in Westlake Village, Calif.
Nena’s Marinated Portobello Burgers
- 4 big ‘shrooms
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic (she used more)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (she used regular pepper because no cayenne in the house)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (she used 2)
Marinate ‘shrooms an hour or two, grill them, serve with sliced Provolone, sliced tomatoes, lettuce, and sliced red onion on a whole wheat bun.