Summertime, and the livin’ is easy…
Sing along with me, as our Sunday Supper club brings you no-bake summer recipes today. There’s no turning on the oven with our collection of 20 recipes all featuring Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs.
The beauty of these eggs is they are pasteurized in a gentle water bath process so there is no risk of salmonella even if the eggs are used raw or only lightly cooked, as they are in my mousse. Pasteurization doesn’t change the nutrition or flavor of the eggs, it just eliminates potential salmonella. And if you like Hollandaise, Caesar salad dressing and other raw egg sauces, or sunny side up, poached or soft scrambled eggs, you’re covered.
While the coffee and milk in the mousse are heated to boiling so the chocolate is melted as the ingredients whirl in the blender, it’s probably not hot enough to completely cook the eggs. No need to second-guess it if you use pasteurized eggs.
This recipe may be easy enough for some kitchen-handy kids to do. Make sure they use a large enough container to boil the milk and coffee, so it doesn’t boil over.
Calling all chocoholics!
Dorothy Reinhold | Shockingly Delicious Preparation time: 10 minutes
Recipe: Creamy Chocolate Blender Mousse
Cooking time: 3 minutes
Diet tags: Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Dorothy Reinhold | Shockingly Delicious
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Do you have an original recipe for a no-bake summer food featuring these eggs?
Enter it in the Safest Choice No-Bake Summer Recipe Contest for a chance to win a Food and Wine Conference Pass, a $500 gift card, and a year’s supply of free eggs. Go on, you know you can.
Today’s Sunday Supper recipes
This week our #SundaySupper blogger crew is celebrating No-Bake Summer Recipes, hosted by Isabel of Family Foodie. Take a look at our easy, tempting recipes!
No-Bake Savory Recipes:
- Asparagus Egg Salad by Family Foodie
- Buffalo Aioli by Alida’s Kitchen
- Chicken Caesar Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Deviled Egg Crostini by Hip Foodie Mom
- Grilled Pizza with Egg, Arugula, and Balsamic by Ruffles & Truffles
- Huevos Rancheros by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Korean Rolled Omelette (Gaeran Mari) by kimchi MOM
- Mom’s Potato Salad by Casa de Crews
- Pizza for Breakfast! Waffles by Foxes Love Lemons
- Shrimp Salad with Lemon Basil Dressing by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
No-Bake Sweet Recipes:
- Brownie Batter Truffles by Desserts Required
- Creamy Chocolate Blender Mousse by Shockingly Delicious
- Frozen Strawberry Lemonade Pie by Neighborfood
- “Funky Monkey” PB Ripple Chip Banana Ice Cream by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lemon and Strawberry Parfaits by Magnolia Days
- No Bake Cheesecake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Raspberry Lemon Meringue Waffles by Melanie Makes
- Raspberry Mousse by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Salted Caramel Pudding Cups by The Foodie Army Wife
- Strawberry Marshmallow S’mores by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
Join us around the family table for #SundaySupper
- Twitter how-to: Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag throughout the day on Twitter to see our recipes. To join the conversation anytime, simply use the #SundaySupper hashtag to share your favorite tips and recipes.
- Pinterest: Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more recipes and photos.
- Join: To join the Sunday Supper Movement, sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs. All writing, photography and opinions are my own.