I predict you’re going to want to slap me after you make this sweet treat. Easter is barely over, and here I am with a butterscotchy, sugary, marshmallowy bit of sin.
Get over it! You need this easy thing for all the events you have coming up. You know, the spring flings, the Mother’s Day brunches, the piano recital/play performance/athletic awards banquets you have looming towards the end of the school year. Or maybe you need them just because.
Bonus? There are only four ingredients, and double bonus, the Sunday Supper crew has a whole list of suggestions of delectables all under five ingredients this week. Easy is our collective middle name.
Recipe: 4-Ingredient Butterscotch Peanut Butter Marshmallow Sweets
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (I used Pic’s Really Good Peanut Butter)
- 1 (11-ounce) bag butterscotch chips (scant 2 cups)
- 4-4 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the butter, peanut butter and butterscotch chips. Melt, stirring frequently, until smooth; do not boil. Turn off heat and allow to cool for 15 or so minutes.
- Prepare a 9-inch square baking dish by lining the bottom and sides with parchment paper. Allow some paper to extend so it can be used as “handles” to remove the sweets from the pan later. Set aside.
- Meanwhile put marshmallows into a mixing bowl. When butterscotch mixture is slightly cool, add it to the marshmallows and stir until all mallows are fully coated. (If you add it while super hot, it will melt the marshmallows and ruin the effect you are going after.) Scrape mixture into the prepared pan, smooth top lightly to tamp down any rogue mallows, and refrigerate for 1-2 hours, until the slab is set and firm.
- Remove from refrigerator, and using the parchment handles, remove the slab from the pan. Cut using a long sharp knife into squares or bars of your size preference. It’s rich and sweet, so small is good.
- Make 40-56 bars, depending on size.
- After cutting, store in refrigerator or better yet, the freezer! They are so good straight out of the freezer. Not that I would know.
Dorothy Reinhold | ShockinglyDelicious.com
When I posted a photo of this on Facebook several people piped in saying it needs bacon. You know what? It would be awesome with bacon! And that would still live within the 5-ingredient rule for today, so add cooked bacon pieces if you like. Another person said it looked like “a heart attack on a plate.” Well, bacon plays along with that notion, too. So if you are so inclined, you have my blessing to add bacon!
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Cooling time: 60 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 25
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Today’s Sunday Supper recipes
This week our #SundaySupper blogger crew is celebrating 5 Ingredients or Less, hosted by Alice of Hip Foodie Mom. Take a look at our easy yet tempting recipes!
Appetizers, Salads and Starters
- Chicken and Spring Greens Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Tuna, Burrata and Black Olive Salad from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Salmon and Cucumber “Noodle” Salad from girlichef
- Yogurt Dill Vegetable Dip from Melanie Makes
- Tomato, Avocado and Cucumber Summer Salad from My Healthy Eating Habits
- Fennel Citrus Salad from An Appealing Plan
- Kale-Had-a-Hard-Day Salad from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Guacamole Deviled Eggs from Ruffles and Truffles
- Tomato Soup from Run DMT
- Wasabi Cream Cheese Ham Salad from Neighborfood
- Latkes with Smoked Salmon and Caviar from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
Sides and Accompaniments
- Candied Apple Jelly from What Smells So Good?
- Grilled Steak with Garlic Cumin Rub from Cooking Chat
- Homemade Ricotta from Seduction in the Kitchen
- Indian-style Roasted Cauliflower from kimchi MOM
- 3-Ingredient Beer Bread from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Potato Pancakes (Reibekuchen) from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Smoked Turkey Panini with Roasted Red Peppers and Basil Pesto from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Slow Cooker Turkey Half Breast from Nosh My Way
- Easy Crock Pot Pulled Chicken from Flour On My Face
- Lemon Basil Carbonara from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Garlic Butter Shrimp from Savvy Eats
- Easy Beef Stroganoff from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Smothered Pork Chop Cups from Having Fun Saving
- Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas from Supper for a Steal
- Chicken with Olives from Noshing With The Nolands
- Salmon with Tiger Dill Sauce from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Greek Chicken Burgers from Country Girl In The Village
- Crock Pot Beer Chicken from Our Table for Seven
- Chorizo and Potato Frittata from Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Chicken and Potato Bake with Meyer Lemons from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Chicken Asparagus Roll-ups from The Dinner-Mom
- Spaghetti Squash with Simple Red Sauce from Momma’s Meals
- Tropical Salsa Chicken from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Strawberry Red Wine Glazed Salmon from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Baked Asparagus and Eggs from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Grilled Caprese Salad Sandwich from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Beef Short Rib Bourguignon from Food Lust People Love
- Beans and Egg Sandwich from Basic N Delicious
- Honey Almond Salmon from Family Foodie
- BBQ Foiled Chicken from Meal Diva
Desserts and Beverages
- Flourless Chocolate Cake from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- 4-Ingredient Butterscotch Peanut Butter Marshmallow Sweets from Shockingly Delicious
- Vanilla Bean Honey Ice Cream from The Foodie Army Wife
- Coconut Crusted Chocolate Ganache Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- 3-Ingredient Nutella Truffles from URBAN BAKES
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Squares from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Nutella Ferrero Cupcakes from Brunch with Joy
- 5-Minute Strawberry Sherbet from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Best Ever Coconut Macaroons from Hip Foodie Mom
- Chocolate Orange Ice Cream from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Orchid Panna Cotta from Manu’s Menu
- Oreo Cookies and Cream Fudge from Alida’s Kitchen
- Golden Oreo Rice Krispies Treats from Pies and Plots
- Vanilla Pudding from Magnolia Days
- Sopapilla Cheesecake Bites from The Weekend Gourmet
- Coconut Cream Mango Mousse from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Peanut Butter Buckeyes from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cherry Chip Cookies from Ninja Baking
- Raspberry Pina Colada Ice Cream from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Avocado Milkshakes from The Texan New Yorker
- The Ginger Sass Cocktail from Nik Snacks
- Baked Custard Cups from Soni’s Food
Join us around the family table for #SundaySupper
- Twitter how-to: Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag throughout the day on Twitter to see our recipes. To join the conversation anytime, simply use the #SundaySupper hashtag to share your favorite tips and recipes.
- Pinterest: Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more recipes and photos.
- Join: To join the Sunday Supper Movement, sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement.
Disclosure: Pic’s Really Good Peanut Butter sent a sample for recipe testing.