I’m a big fan of skillet meals, both for their brevity and practicality.
Get the skillet out of the cupboard, set it on the stove burner, and away you go, usually with minimal muss and fuss. That works for me, whether it is a Sunday supper or a busier weeknight.
But skillet suppers need to be about the flavor, too. They must be relatively quick AND absolutely delicious. Those are the rules!
Enter McCormick’s Skillet Sauces, which allow you to choose your favorite protein, and perhaps some vegetables, and complete your dish with the flavorful sauce. I picked up the Sicilian Chicken with Tomato, Basil and Garlic Skillet Sauce, but wanted to go vegan with it, so I substituted chickpeas for the suggested chicken. It worked like a charm!
In under half an hour (including prep time to chop the vegetables), I had a tasty vegan skillet dinner that I put over cooked brown rice. You could spoon it over cooked pasta or quinoa if you prefer.
Let’s get the skillet out. I’m hungry!
This week our Sunday Supper cooks are celebrating quick and easy recipes using McCormick’s Skillet Sauces (7 flavors available).
These handy packaged shelf sauces are family dinnertime savers because they allow you to make a relatively easy skillet supper that still tastes like you fussed. Recipes are on the backs of the packages, but feel free, like I did, to tweak them to suit your family’s tastes.
For more ideas on easy meals using these skillet sauces, see our 25 recipes below, and follow McCormick’s Easy Skillet Dinners Pinterest board. There you’ll see all of today’s recipes plus many more.
Today’s easy recipes
- Black and White Bean Chicken Chili by The Dinner-Mom
- Black Bean Taco Salad with Chipotle and Garlic by Ruffles & Truffles
- Cashew Chicken by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cauliflower Skillet Steaks-Sicilian Style by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Chicken Enchilada Skillet by The Messy Baker
- Chicken Fajita Rice Bowl by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chicken Fried Rice with Sesame Seeds and Almonds by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Creamy Sicilian Style Chicken Mushrooms Ham by Family Foodie
- Fajita Quesadillas by The Foodie Army Wife
- Fire Roasted Garlic Chili with Cilantro Lime Rice by Hip Foodie Mom
- One-Pot Chipotle Chicken Taco Pasta by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Picadillo by kimchi MOM
- Potato Topped Sloppy Beef Skillet by Magnolia Days
- Savory Jade Chicken in Taro Basket by Brunch with Joy
- Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry over Cauliflower Rice by Casa de Crews
- Shrimp Taco’s with a Baja Cream Sauce by Daily Dish Recipes
- Sicilian Chicken and Mushrooms Spaghetti Squash Casserole by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Sicilian Skillet Chicken over Parmesan Zucchini “Noodles” by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Skillet Sicilian Chickpeas Over Brown Rice by Shockingly Delicious
- Skillet Taco Nacho Bake by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Smokey BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches With Creamy Coleslaw by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Smoky Skillet Chicken and Rice by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sriracha Sesame Shrimp and Grits by I’m Not the Nanny
- Tex-Mex Sloppy Joes by The Weekend Gourmet
- Tres Carne Fire Roasted Garlic Chili over Egg Noodles by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Join us around the family table for #SundaySupper
- Twitter how-to: Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag throughout the day on Twitter to see our recipes. To join the conversation anytime, simply use the #SundaySupper hashtag to share your favorite tips and recipes.
- Pinterest: Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more recipes and photos.
- Join: To join the Sunday Supper Movement, sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by McCormick in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands I love, and please visit McCormick on their website, Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook.