Calling all garlic lovers! Welcome to National Garlic Day 2015, hosted by Heather from girlichef.
April 19 is a day for garlic lovers to commune and celebrate the wonder of the stinking rose. There are so many reasons to sing the praises of garlic — its supposed ability to ward off vampires (and bugs), its many health benefits, and mostly the way it lends complex and distinct flavor to any dish it touches.
I’ll teach you how to make an epic garlic bread, and it couldn’t be easier. The trick, my friends, is only a couple of things:
- Good bread
- Good olive oil
- Garlic paste
- Dried oregano
- A tiny bit of Parmesan at the end.
Go turn your broiler on!
National Garlic Day recipes
To help you get in the stinky mood, check out these garlicky good recipes from this year’s National Garlic Day bloggers:
- Black Garlic Chocolate Cake from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Chicken with 40 cloves of garlic from My Catholic Kitchen
- Epic Garlic Bread from Shockingly Delicious
- Garlic and White Bean Hummus from Kelli’s Kitchen
- Garlic Lovers Focaccia with Shallots and Sweet Corn from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Garlic-Parmesan Chicken Stuffed Shells for Two from The Spiffy Cookie
- Garlicky Chard Stuffed Flank Steak from girlichef
- Garlicky Lobster Crab Scampi from Food Lust People Love
- Garlicky Rib Eye Steak with Garlic Bruschetta from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- IPA Pickles from NY Foodgasm
- Lebanese Garlic Sauce from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Louisiana Garlic Bread from Wishes and Dishes
- Ricotta, Garlic and Mushroom Flatbread Pizza from Simply Healthy Family
- Roasted Garlic and Parmesan Hummus from From Gate to Plate
- Roasted Garlic Cauliflower from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Roasted Garlic Gruyère Pull-Apart Bread from Big Flavors from a Tiny Kitchen
- Spicy Garlic Noodles with Pork from Healthy Delicious
Disclosure: Arianna Trading Company sent the olive oil, and Gourmet Garden sent the garlic paste, for recipe development.