Calling all garlic lovers! Welcome to National Garlic Day 2015.
April 19 is a day for garlic lovers to commune and celebrate the wonder of the stinking rose. There are so many reasons to sing the praises of garlic — its supposed ability to ward off vampires (and bugs), its many health benefits, and mostly the way it lends complex and distinct flavor to any dish it touches.
I’ll teach you how to make an epic garlic bread, and it couldn’t be easier. The trick, my friends, is only a couple of things:
- Good bread
- Good olive oil
- Garlic (either garlic paste or fresh cloves of garlic or hey, even garlic powder!)
- Dried oregano
- A tiny bit of Parmesan at the end.
Go turn your broiler on!
National Garlic Day recipes
To help you get in the stinky mood, check out these garlicky good recipes from this the 2015 National Garlic Day bloggers:
- Black Garlic Chocolate Cake  from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Chicken with 40 cloves of garlic  from My Catholic Kitchen
- Epic Garlic Bread  from Shockingly Delicious
- Garlic and White Bean Hummus  from Kelli’s Kitchen
- Garlic Lovers Focaccia with Shallots and Sweet Corn  from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Garlic-Parmesan Chicken Stuffed Shells for Two  from The Spiffy Cookie
- Garlicky Chard Stuffed Flank Steak  from girlichef
- Garlicky Lobster Crab Scampi  from Food Lust People Love
- Garlicky Rib Eye Steak with Garlic Bruschetta  from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- IPA Pickles  from NY Foodgasm
- Lebanese Garlic Sauce  from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Louisiana Garlic Bread  from Wishes and Dishes
- Ricotta, Garlic and Mushroom Flatbread Pizza  from Simply Healthy Family
- Roasted Garlic and Parmesan Hummus  from From Gate to Plate
- Roasted Garlic Cauliflower  from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Roasted Garlic Gruyère Pull-Apart Bread  from Big Flavors from a Tiny Kitchen
- Spicy Garlic Noodles with Pork  from Healthy Delicious
Disclosure: Arianna Trading Company sent the olive oil, and Gourmet Garden sent the garlic paste, for recipe development.