Recipe: Meyer Lemon Chess Pie
Summary: Fragrant with the heady aroma of Meyer lemons, this sweet and tangy comforting pie is a lemon-lover’s delight! Lemon Chess Pie is an American classic, and this is an outstanding version.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix cornmeal, flour, salt, sugar and grated zest. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each egg.
- Add half and half, butter and lemon juice and stir well. Mixture will appear to thicken slightly.
- Pour into prepared pie shell. Bake on bottom shelf of oven (so it is closer to the heating element) for 35-40 minutes. Center will be slightly jiggly when it is done.
- Remove from oven and cool on a rack.
- Serves 8.
Serve piled high with fresh raspberries or fresh blueberries in season.
This recipe is a mashup of about 6 or 7 recipes I consulted on the Internet, in cookbooks, etc.
Preparation time: 8 minute(s)
Cooking time: 45 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)