Truffles (the mushroom kind).
Any one of those is worthy of food adoration. Put together, it’s a trifecta!
Don’t blame me if it ruins you for regular pop corn. You have been warned.
Recipe: Bacon Truffle Kettle Corn
Summary: Smoky bacon, a whiff of earthy truffles and a touch of sugar marry to make the best Bacon Truffle Kettle Corn you’ll ever taste!
- 1 tablespoon bacon fat
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- 1/3-1/2 cup pop corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Truffle salt (Sabatino brand preferred)
- In a medium, heavy saucepan with a lid, heat bacon fat and oil until very hot. To test the oil, when you think it is hot enough, toss in one pop corn kernel. When it pops, fish it out and discard it; the oil is now hot enough and ready.
- Pour pop corn kernels into hot oil, and then sprinkle sugar over top. Close lid, shake a bit and pop the corn for a minute or two. (Be careful not to heat it too long or it will scorch.)
- When popping sound dies down, remove pan from heat and pour pop corn immediately into a big bowl. Sprinkle very lightly with truffle salt, stir and serve. Stir several times while it is cooling so pieces don’t clump together.
- Serves 3-4.
Dorothy Reinhold / Shockingly Delicious
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Culinary tradition: USA (Nouveau)