Take advantage of blood oranges in season now to make a naturally pink smoothie. Frozen pineapple and some vanilla bean yogurt make it fun!
Teenagers need lots of smoothies, or, left to their own devices, they will reach for their wallets and hit the soda fridge at the convenience store. Because we are smarter than to keep soda at home anymore, but we cannot outsmart a teenager with a debit card and a newly acquired drivers license.
So this smoothie was born not only from necessity, but because I spied a perfectly in-season blood orange in the fruit bowl.
All you need is some frozen pineapple chunks, a blood orange, vanilla bean yogurt, a splash of coconut water and some ice. And a blender. Always, a blender.
It would make a very sweet Valentine’s Day breakfast, or a lovely beverage on another special day.
Let’s make it, shall we?
Other Shockingly Delicious smoothies
- Orange: Mango Orange Cream Power Smoothie 
- Orange: Orange Things Fruit and Vegetable Smoothie 
- Green: College Tour Detox Green Smoothie 
- Green: Tastes Like Ice Cream Kale Smoothie 
- Green: SuperKALE Margarita Smoothies  (adult beverage; can be virgin)
- Green: Immortality Smoothie 
- Green: One Month Until School is Out Tropical Green Smoothie 
- Red: Spring Break is Over Red Things Smoothie 
- Red: Red Fruit and Vegetable Breakfast Smoothie 
- Pink: Sunday Sleepover Smoothie 
- Purple: Healthy Blackberry Shake 
Thanks for visiting…are you hungry for more? Follow Shockingly Delicious on…
…for all the latest recipes, ideas and updates!
This post may contain affiliate/referral links. It is a way for this site to earn advertising fees (at no cost to you) by advertising or linking to certain products and/or services.
Disclosure: Melissa’s Produce sent the blood oranges for recipe development.