Recipe: Cilantro Turkey Salad with Farro and Mango
Summary: Leftover turkey gets repurposed in a fruity salad greened up with arugula and cilantro. Tabasco gives it a slow burn.
- 1 cup diced cooked turkey (see note below about chicken)
- 1 cup cooked farro (I used farro from Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 Keitt mango, skinned, seeded and diced
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 1 cup packed baby arugula, chopped
- 1/3-1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Garnish: 1 (6-ounce) box fresh raspberries (I used Driscoll organic berries)
1 avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Add turkey, farro, mango, shallot, arugula and cilantro to a large salad bowl. Toss gently to combine and mix.
- Make dressing: In a small jar, add olive oil, lemon juice and Tabasco, and shake vigorously. Pour dressing over salad mixture in the bowl. Toss gently to coat all ingredients.
- Portion salad into wide, flat bowls, or plates. Dress each salad with raspberries and avocado chunks (if you mix them in with the rest of the ingredients while you are tossing the salad, they will get crushed), and serve. 
- Serves 3.
Recipe by Dorothy Reinhold | Shockingly Delicious
Want to use chicken thighs instead?
This is a great salad to use with poached chicken thighs, as well. Put 2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs in a small saucepan, cover with water to exceed by an inch, put the lid on and bring to a boil. When vigorously boiling, turn heat off, leave lid on and allow to steep, undisturbed, for 20 minutes. When time is up, check for doneness by cutting a thigh in half, and if done, drain water (reserve to make chicken soup!), allow chicken to cool enough to handle, and then proceed with recipe.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 3
Culinary tradition: USA (Nouveau)
This week our #SundaySupper blogger crew says, “We got you covered!” hosted by DB of Crazy Foodie Stunts . Check out the variety of things we have cooked up for you! Try this Cilantro Turkey Salad with Farro and Mango or find something else from the menu below that floats your boat:
Covered Appetizers and Entreés
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Party Mix  from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Personal Steak Pot Pies  from The Foodie Army Wife
- Slowcooker Bean and Ham Soup  from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Butternut Squash & Cheddar Potatoes Au Gratin  from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Salmon en Croute  from Curious Cuisiniere
- Gluten Free Turkey Pot Pie  from MarocMama
- Excellent Beef Stew  from Noshing With The Nolands
- Sweet Potato and Kale Casserole  from Supper for a Steal
- Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy  from Food Lust People Love
- Carrot Cake Slow Cooker Oatmeal  from Mess Makes Food
- Pigs in a Blanket  from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Banana Coffee Cake with Chocolate Chip Streusel  from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Bacon Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Glaze  from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Streusel Topped Caramel Apple Pie  from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Chocolate Satin Pie  from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Banana Butterscotch Muffin-Cake  from What Smells So Good?
- Chocolate Banoffee Pie  from Happy Baking Days
- 1 Easy Chocolate Macaron Recipe, 3 Japanese Wine Fillings  from NinjaBaking.com
- Chocolate Covered “Party Popcorn”  from Ruffles & Truffles
- Caramel Apple Bundt Cake  from Pies and Plots
Not Sure What To Do? We Got You Covered
- Cilantro Turkey Salad with Farro and Mango  from Shockingly Delicious covering turkey leftovers
- Back to Basics: How to Truss a Chicken for Roasting  from Crazy Foodie Stunts covering a cooking technique
- Peppermint Whip Cream  from Peanut Butter and Peppers covering a vegan and dairy-free dessert topping
- Gluten Free Lego Cookies  from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks covering a gluten-free dessert
- Banana Split Pie  from Country Girl in the Village covering a no-bake dessert
- Durian Cake  from The Urban Mrs covering a dessert with an uncommon ingredient
- Cranberry Walnut Crumble Bars  from Magnolia Days covering an idea for fresh cranberries
- Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake Bars  from Alida’s Kitchen covering tips for a perfect cheesecake
- Prosciutto covered Rosemary Pork  from Family Foodie covering a holiday meal on a budget
- Homemade Yellow Cake Mix  from Treats & Trinkets covering a cake mix without the chemicals from store-bought ones
- Waffled Cranberry Cream Cheese Turkey Sandwiches  from Neighborfood covering turkey leftovers
- Apple Cider Doughnuts  from The Texan New Yorker covering a dish made at home so you don’t need to wait in long lines for it
Join us around the family table for #SundaySupper
- Twitter how-to: Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag throughout the day on Twitter to see our recipes. To join the conversation anytime, simply use the #SundaySupper hashtag to share your favorite tips and recipes.
- Pinterest: Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board  for more recipes and photos.
- Join: To join the Sunday Supper Movement, sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement .