I’m on a meatball kick lately. Are you along for the ride with me?
- Meatball Lover’s Sandwich  aka the Best Meatballs You Will Ever Wrap Your Lips Around
- World’s Best Turkey Meatballs  aka the meatballs my son begs for at his friend’s house
- Chicken Teriyaki Meatballs 
If not, come aboard, because today’s recipe will convince you that meatballs are not only fun, but can be a great weekday supper. Trust me, the family will want to gather around the table for this dinner.
Because they are relatively small in size, meatballs cook very quickly in the oven. Shaping them is easy by hand, and I often use an electric mixer to blend the ingredients on low speed. (OK, call me lazy.)
For my meatballs, I prefer organic, grass-fed ground beef in an 85/15 meat/fat ratio. There has to be enough fat for flavor, but not too much.
One hint: It does take a little bit of time to caramelize the onion and apple. Most often, I do this a day or two ahead, whenever I am in the kitchen, and then it is ready to go when I want to get the meatballs going. In fact, you could assemble this recipe in steps, over several days, if that is more convenient. You could do the apples-onions one day, shape and bake the meatballs another day, and simply reheat the following day for dinner. Voila!
Our Weekday Supper cooks have lots of good suggestions for helping you get a healthy dinner on the table in a reasonable amount of time. See below for the week’s menu, and choose something new to try out on your family or friends!
This week’s easy Weekday Supper recipes are:
- Monday – Pasta with Sausage and Broccoli Rabe (or Broccoli)  by Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Tuesday – Ramen Carbonara  by NinjaBaking.com
- Wednesday – Caramelized Onion-Apple Meatballs with Herbs  by Shockingly Delicious
- Thursday – Spicy Pumpkin Coconut Soup  by Mess Makes Food
- Friday – Crockpot Chicken Fricassee  by The Foodie Army Wife