Recipe: Very Sloppy Joels
Summary: Kate Gosselin says, “This recipe is a great way to hide veggies, and the kids can’t get enough of it. I serve the leftovers (if there are any!) with tortilla chips the next day for lunch. It’s always a hit.”
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1½ cups ketchup
- 6 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3½ tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 3 teaspoons celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, brown the beef. Add the onion, green pepper, and celery and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Mix in all of the remaining ingredients and cover; simmer on low for 30 minutes. Serve on buns.
“Love is in the Mix: Making Meals into Memories with Family-Friendly Recipes, Tips and Traditions, ” (Heath Communications, Inc.; $22.95). Recipe and photos used with permission.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 8-10
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Want another Sloppy Joe recipe?
Instant Pot Sloppy Joes  will be on the table in a jiffy! You can have them on buns, or over shredded cabbage for a lower-carb version.
Disclosure: Health Communications  sent the cookbook for review. Photos and recipe are reprinted with permission.
Thanks for visiting…are you hungry for more? Follow Shockingly Delicious on…
…for all the latest recipes, ideas and updates!
This post may contain affiliate/referral links. It is a way for this site to earn advertising fees (at no cost to you) by advertising or linking to certain products and/or services that I approve and prefer.