Recipe: Skellig and Prosciutto Panini
Summary: Four simple ingredients – when they are all top-notch – is all you need for a sublime grilled cheese sandwich.
- 1 small baguette, cut in half lengthwise
- Fig jam or preserves (I used Just Jan’s Kadota Fig Fruit Spread)
- Sliced Skellig cheese
- A thin slice of prosciutto
- Lay open the baguette, spread one side lightly with fig preserves, lay on Skellig slices and top with prosciutto. Put the bread top on and place in a hot panini press, George Foreman-type grill or other similar device, and heat until cheese melts, a couple of minutes.
- Remove, place on a plate, and enjoy!
- Serves 1. Don’t share. 
Other grilled cheese sandwiches you might like
Dorothy Reinhold | Shockingly Delicious
Preparation time: 3 minutes
Cooking time: 4 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 1
Culinary tradition: USA (General)