Recipe: Salmon Quiche with Preserved Lemon
Summary: A ready-made crust, some canned wild salmon and a few veggies leftover from last night’s dinner make an easy, perfect savory pie, sparked by salty preserved lemon. Brunch or lunch, anyone?
- 1 (10-inch) ready made pie crust (Pillsbury Pie Crust is perfect)
- 2 (6-ounce) cans skinless, boneless wild salmon (Bear & Wolf Skinless & Boneless Pink Salmon from Costco is wild caught and dandy!)
- 1/2-3/4 cup diced onion
- 1 cup chopped steamed broccoli
- 1 cup chopped roasted Idaho potato
- 3 ounces (3/4 cup) shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons minced preserved lemon rind 
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Grinding of fresh pepper
- Garnish: a couple of strips of preserved lemon rind, if you wish
- Heat oven to 375F. Fit crust into 10-inch pie plate and crimp the top edge.
- To the raw pie shell, add the drained salmon, onion, broccoli, potato and cheese.
- In a 2-cup measure, add all remaining ingredients (milk through pepper), and whisk to combine. Pour over ingredients in pie shell.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes. Remove from oven, cool 5 minutes, cut and garnish with strips of preserved lemon rind, if you like.
- Serves 6 as a main dish.
“The name Wayback Machine is a reference to a segment from ‘The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show’ (1959-1964) in which Mr. Peabody and Sherman use a time machine called the ‘WABAC machine’ (pronounced ‘Wayback’) to witness, participate in, and, more often than not, alter famous events in history.” This, from Wikipedia, the new source of all knowledge in the universe.
These are absolutely worth your while to make. Check out the recipe here, for the homemade version . Or buy a jar in a Middle Eastern market (much more expensive).
Recipe created by Dorothy Reinhold/ShockinglyDelicious.com.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hours
Diet type: Pescatarian
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (Nouveau)
Does Sunday Supper bring you back to your childhood? Does it bring back memories of a favorite dish? Time around the family table has a way of creating the most memorable moments. It is amazing how we can smell or just think of a favorite food and immediately be transported back to the moment we enjoyed it.
This week’s Sunday Supper is all about “Retro Recipes,” those food memories that immediately take us back in time. Some of us enjoyed them so much that we will never change mom or grandma’s recipe. Others were ready to reinvent and update their favorite Retro Recipe.
Join us around the family table this Sunday at 4 p.m. Pacific Time and share your favorite Retro Food memory with us!
Sunday Supper Retro Appetizers:
- Irish Cheddar-Whiskey Fondue  by girlichef
- Retro Football Party: Fondue, Deviled Chicken Wings & Lemon Chiffon  by Zest Florida Foodie
- She Devils: Beet Pickled Deviled Eggs  by Ruffles & Truffles
Sunday Supper Retro Salads:
- Coca-Cola Salad  by Magnolia Days
- Watergate Salad  by My Catholic Kitchen
- Salmon Salad | Retro Tuna Salad  by Family Foodie
- Ambrosia Salad  by Simply Gourmet
- Romaine “Wedge” Salad with Hot Maple Bacon Dressing  by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Carrot & Raisin Salad  by The Roxx Box
- Sweet & Smoky Broccoli Salad  by In The Kitchen with KP
Sunday Supper Retro Breads and Sandwiches:
- Italian Style Bread  by The Meltaways
- Creamed Chipped Salmon Jerky on Toast by  Pescetarian Journal
- Grown-Up Tuna Melts  by Home Cooking Memories
- English Muffin Pizzas  by Comfy Cuisine
- Patty Melt, Hand Cut Fries, & a Shake  by Mooshu Jenne
- Grown-Up Grilled Cheese with Tomato Soup  by The Catholic Foodie
- Toast Topper #16: Grandma’s Mock Apricot Jam by Yummy What Smells So Good?
Sunday Supper Main Dishes:
- Chicken Pot Pie Topped With Bacon Cheddar Biscuits  by Chocolate Moosey
- Tuna Noodle Casserole  by Country Girl in the Village
- Nana’s Marinated Beef Roast  by Supper for a Steal
- Chorizo Scotch Eggs  by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Chicken Maryland  by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Mushroom Stroganoff  by Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Dairyfree Toast Hawaii  by Galactosemia in PDX
- Porcupine Meatballs  by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Chicken Kiev  by The Urban Mrs.
- Salmon Quiche with Preserved Lemon  by Shockingly Delicious
- Steak Diane  by Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Fried Chicken only in the Oven  by In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Hambak Steak a.k.a. Salisbury Steak  by Kimchi Mom
- Retro-Redo: Homemade TV Dinner  by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Kicked Up Meatloaf  by Curious Cuisiniere
- Shrimp Scampi (a lighter version)  by Kudos Kitchen
- Old-Fashioned Pork Chops  by My Trial in the Kitchen
- Jägerschnitzel  by Sustainable Dad
- Healthier Hamburger-Corn Noodle Casserole  by The Weekend Gourmet
- Tuna Noodle Casserole by Cookistry
- Chicken-N-Biscuits Pot Pie Casserole  by The Messy Baker Blog
- Souper Pork Chops with Mashed Potatoes  by Mama.Mommy.Mom
Sunday Supper Retro Sides and Veggies:
- Smokey Braised Red Cabbage  by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Classic Corn Casserole  by The Foodie Army Wife
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon & Balsamic  by Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- Classic Green Bean Casserole  Redux by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Mem’s Broccoli Casserole  by Momma’s Meals
- Tator Tot Casserole  by Neighbor Food Blog
Sunday Supper Retro Desserts and Cocktails:
- Peachy Keen Tutti-Frutti Jello  by La Cocina de Leslie
- Old School Boozy Rum Cake  by Webicurean
- Individual Baked Alaskas  by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Rainbow Jello  by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake  by Noshing with the Nolands
- Pineapple Bars  by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Creamy Dairy Free Fresh Orange Julius With Coconut Milk  by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Refrigerator Strawberry Cheesecake  by There and Back Again
- Frozen Pineapple Upside-Down Cake  by Juanita’s Cocina
- Boston Cream Pie  by Gotta Get Baked
- Coca-Cola Cupcakes  by Daily Dish Recipes
- Jello Poke Cake  by Flour On My Face
- Devil’s Food Cake  by Maroc Mama
- Bread Pudding with Pecans by Basic and Delicious
- Victoria Sponge Cake  by The Lovely Pantry
- A Chocolate Twist on the Classic Japanese Strawberry Shortcake  by Ninja Baking
- Post War Apple Pudding  by My Cute Bride
- Spaghetti with Currywurst Sauce  by Masala Herb
- Layered Mini Chocolate Banana Cakes  by Big Bears Wife
- Raspberry Jam Cakes  by Pippis in the Kitchen Again
- Cocktail: Moscow Mule by Crazy  Foodie Stunts
Join the #SundaySupper  conversation on Twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 4 p.m. PT and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the#SundaySupper  hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board  for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement .