Chile-Roasted Potatoes are simple to make, and have enough of a kick to spark Cinco de Mayo or any other dinner.
Let’s celebrate Cinco de Mayo by branching out from overdrinking, shall we?
But yegads, a girl needs some actual food in her life, eh?
Bring on the spuds, and spike ‘em with just the right amount of chiles. We’re using Dutch yellow potatoes, which are from Idaho (so they are naturally superior), and the baby version because they cook very quickly and you use them skin and all. Dried de arbol chile peppers are 15,000-25,000 on the Scoville heat scale, so they’re similar to a fresh Serrano, heat-wise.
How to make Chile-Roasted Potatoes
1. Wash, dry and halve baby Dutch yellow potatoes. You don’t need to peel them because their skin is very tender.
2. Toss in a mixing bowl with oil, ground chile peppers, rosemary, salt and pepper.
3. Spread out on a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes or so. Enjoy!
How do we use Chile-Roasted Potatoes?
1. Use them as a side dish with virtually any dinner, especially roasted meats, poultry or fish.
2. Use them as a stuffing for a breakfast burrito (with scrambled eggs), or a lunch or dinner burrito (with pinto beans and cheese).
3. Use them alongside your scrambled or fried eggs for breakfast or brunch.
We can stand the heat, and we’re happy to be in the kitchen for Cinco de Mayo.
Pin the image below to your Pinterest board to save this recipe
Other Cinco de Mayo recipes you might like from my blogging friends:
- Aperol Grapefruit Margarita  by Books n’ Cooks
- Authentic Enchiladas Verdes  by Corn, Beans, Pigs & Kids
- Blue Raspberry Margarita  by Our Crafty Cocktails
- Cantaloupe Agua Fresca  by Palatable Pastime
- Chile-Roasted Dutch Yellow Potatoes  by Shockingly Delicious
- Dorito Taco Casserole  by Making Miracles
- Easy Cheesy Beef Enchiladas With Verde Sauce  by Our Crafty Mom
- Enchiladas with Red Chili Sauce  by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pozole Rojo with Chicken  by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Slow Cooker Carnitas (Mexican Pulled Pork)  by The Spiffy Cookie
- Taco Crepes  by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Walking Taco Salad  by Simply Inspired Meals
Thanks for visiting…are you hungry for more? Follow Shockingly Delicious on…
…for all the latest recipes, ideas and updates!
This post was previously published May 4, 2014 and has been refreshed and republished today.
This post may contain affiliate/referral links. It is a way for this site to earn advertising fees (at no cost to you) by advertising or linking to certain products and/or services that I approve and prefer.