APPLE CRISP BREAKFAST BOWL: This has all the best flavors of your favorite dessert — cinnamon-scented caramelized apples, maple syrup, crunchy granola or nuts. Getting out of bed is suddenly worthwhile.
Apple crisp is one of my all-time favorite desserts, and when there are leftovers from last night’s dinner, I don’t mind sneaking them for breakfast the next day. Did I just admit that out loud?
However, there’s a healthier option, and that is a hearty grains bowl topped with apply-crispy type topping. This isn’t your average bowl o’ cereal for breakfast, but a more wholesome, whole grain approach, with a sweet, caramelized apple topping to put the finishing touch on it.
Suddenly, that morning alarm isn’t quite so annoying when you are waking up to Apple Crisp Breakfast Bowl.
Let me show you how easy it is to make.
First you make a batch of your choice of grains. This could be oats, white or brown or even black rice, a multi-grain mixture, quinoa, etc. Think outside the box, and consider barley, millet, farro or amaranth! Use what you like. A batch is considered 1 cup of grains, cooked in the appropriate amount of water for that grain (it differs per grain; follow the package directions).
Then fire up your skillet with some butter in it (because everything is better with butter)! Swiss Diamond  is a sponsor for Apple Week, so I am showing off their 9.5-inch XD Nonstick fry pan . It’s a revolutionary nonstick coating made with diamond crystals for durability, heat conduction and a long-lasting nonstick surface. The Wall Street Journal calls this “the Rolls-Royce of nonstick fry pans” and I concur. It cooks and cleans up like a dream, and makes me want to use it for every meal. If you have an avid cook in your house (maybe you?), I recommend this pan, perhaps even for a gift! The size is perfect for so many things, and it’s oven-safe up to 500F degrees, in case you are making a frittata or need to put the finishing cook on something from stovetop to oven. This XD is their most up-to-date coating, a available exclusively in select brick and mortar stores or the Swiss Diamond website. (It’s not available on Amazon, fwiw.)
Add the apples.
Cook for about 5-7 minutes, until browned.
Add maple syrup, cinnamon and a bit of water, and cook another minute until it gets sticky. Sticky is good.
Can you believe how delicious this looks?
I might have eaten the whole batch of apples by myself without telling anyone.Save this recipe for the apples…you can use it for crepes, ice cream, or straight out of the pan. Mark my words.
Assemble your bowl — cooked grains first, topped by the apple mixture, and then a sprinkle of granola for crunch.
It’s Apple Week! Prizes galore!
Today’s apple recipe is part of Apple Week, which goes on through today, with 200+ recipes from 40+ bloggers, all of us apple fans. Check out the list of today’s recipes right after my recipe. Of course there’s an amazing giveaway as well, so please make sure you enter the giveaway so you have a chance of winnning one of 7 prizes, and join me in following Swiss Diamond on Facebook , Twitter , Pinterest , Instagram , and YouTube .
Are you ready for some deliciousness?
If you like this recipe and want to save it, pin the image below to your Pinterest board.
Here are today’s Apple Week recipes
- Apple Bourbon Pork Tenderloin with Butternut Squash  by Girl Abroad
- Apple Butter Cheesecake Tart  by Soulfully Made
- Apple Cheesecake Breakfast Quesadillas  by 4 Sons R Us
- Apple Cinnamon Cake  by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Apple Cider Spiced Donut Cake  by Love and Confections
- Apple Cinnamon Oat Bars  by Daily Dish Recipes
- Apple Crisp Breakfast Bowl  by Shockingly Delicious
- Apple Fennel and Beet Salad  by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Apple Hand Pies with an Oatmeal Crust  by The Freshman Cook
- Apple Nachos  by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Apple Peanut Butter Ebelskivers  by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Apple Tortas Fritas (Argentinean Fry Bread with Apples)  by Palatable Pastime
- Apple Oatmeal Pancakes  by Simple and Savory
- Apple Rosette Frangipane Tart  by Culinary Adventures With Camilla
- Applesauce Oatmeal Bread With Vanilla Honey Butter  by Cooking With Carlee
- Caramel-Stuffed Apple Butter Snickerdoodles  by The Redhead Baker
- Chicken Salad with Apples, Cranberries, and Pecans  by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Cinnamon Apple Iced Oatmeal Cookies  by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Harvest Apple Cakelets with Maple Drizzle  by Everyday Eileen
- Pink Peppercorn & Curry Leaf Chicken Salad  by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck
- Stuffed Apples with Cheddar and Sausage  by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
Enter the giveaway! 7 prizes…7 people will win!
You can see the prizes here. 
a Rafflecopter giveaway 
Disclaimer: Thank you Apple Week sponsors Swiss Diamond, Nordic Ware, Envy Apples, Imperial Sugar, The Spice House, Rodelle Vanilla, Flahavan’s Irish Oats and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The AppleWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Seven (7) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The AppleWeek bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the AppleWeek posts or entry.