Recipe: Pixie Dust Salad with Avocados, Pixie Tangerines and Radishes
Summary: Creamy avocado meets super sweet Ojai Pixie tangerines in the presence of cumin and chives. Magic ensues.
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons Vanilla-Infused Olive Oil  (or use regular extra-virgin olive oil)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch kosher salt
- 2 Ojai Pixie tangerines
- 1 California avocado
- 2 radishes
- Garnish: 1-2 tablespoons finely minced chives
- Add lemon juice, olive oil, cumin and salt to a large salad bowl and stir to combine (this is the dressing).
- Peel and section the tangerines. Cut each section into 3 chunks; add to the bowl. Cut the avocado in half, remove pit and peel and dice the flesh; add to bowl. Remove greenery and root from radishes, wash, dry and cut into tiny matchstick pieces; add to bowl.
- Very gently toss the salad with the dressing, using just a few turns of a plastic spoon or spatula, so the avocado doesn’t mush.
- Place in a serving bowl for family-style service, or portion onto 3-4 small plates for individual salads, and garnish with minced chives.
- Serves 3-4 as a side salad. 
Original recipe by Dorothy Reinhold | Shockingly Delicious
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Diet type: Vegan, vegetarian
Diet tags: Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 3-4
Culinary tradition: USA (Southwestern)
If you like this recipe and want to save it, pin it using the image below to your Pinterest board.
Today’s Sunday Supper recipes
This week our #SundaySupper blogger crew is celebrating healthy green recipes for St. Patrick’s Day, hosted by Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures . Take a look at our green goodness!
- Get Your Greens Smoothie  by Hardly A Goddess
- Green Breakfast Omelet Bites  by Momma’s Meals
- Green Eggs and Ham  by Feeding Big
- Green Scrambled Eggs with Ham  by Cricket’s Confections
- Kuku Sabzi – Persian Herb Frittata  by Caroline’s Cooking
- Matcha Overnight Oats  by Brunch-n-Bites
- Southwest Breakfast Spinach Wrap  by The Freshman Cook
- Super Green Smoothie  by Simple and Savory
Must Make Main Dishes
- Chicken Paillard Arugula Truffle Salad  by Family Foodie
- Gambian Spinach with Peanut Sauce  by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Grilled Lettuce and Steak Salad  by Sunday Supper Movement
- Pan Roasted Cod on Spinach Basil Risotto with Lemon Butter Sauce  by Positively Stacey
- Poached Cod with Pesto Wine Sauce  by Life Tastes Good
- Potato Leek Skillet Pizza  by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sautéed Garlic and Parmesan Chicken With Spinach  by My Sweet Savings
- Skinny Reuben Wraps with Homemade 1000 Island Dressing  by For the Love of Food
- Tequila Chicken Salad  by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Brussels Sprout and Kale Salad  by Pies and Plots
- Green Goddess Bibb Salad  by Palatable Pastime
- Pixie Dust Salad with Avocados, Pixie Tangerines and Radishes  by Shockingly Delicious
- Quinoa Tabbouleh  by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sesame Wedge Salad with Key Lime Vinaigrette & Pickled Green Tomatoes  by Gourmet Everyday
- Shades of Green Salad  by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Zucchini Carpaccio Salad  by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Colcannon  by Wholistic Woman
- Green Goddess Dip  by From the Bookshelf
- Grilled Cabbage with Spicy Lime Dressing  by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Irish Cabbage  by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Miso Roasted Broccoli  by Life Currents
- Pistachio Parmesan Oven Fries  by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts  by Books n’ Cooks
- Soy Glazed Sugar Snap Peas  by Food Lust People Love
- Spinach Tots  by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Warm Brussels Sprout Slaw  by Jersey Girl Cooks
Join us around the family table for #SundaySupper
- Twitter how-to: Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag throughout the day on Twitter to see our recipes. To join the conversation anytime, simply use the #SundaySupper hashtag to share your favorite tips and recipes.
- Pinterest: Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board  for more recipes and photos.
- Join: To join the Sunday Supper Movement, sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement .
Disclosure: Melissa’s Produce  sent the Ojai Pixie tangerines for recipe development.