As we celebrate all things squash with our Sunday Supper cooks today, I am so pleased to bring you a copycat version of one of my favorite dishes from the restaurant True Food Kitchen.
I had it there some months ago and immediately loved it – a vegetarian version of an easy, healthy, comforting casserole in which spaghetti squash plays a starring role, topped with a red pasta sauce and some fresh herbs and mozzarella.
I didn’t think it could be that hard to make at home, and I was right! The most time-consuming part is roasting the spaghetti squash, which I sometimes do the day before if I have the oven on for something else.
This is one of those quiet, unassuming dishes that sneak up on you. It might not leap off the menu at you right away and it might not have big wowser flavors that smack you upside the head, but the memory of it will stay with you and haunt you until you make it yourself.
Which I recommend you do today.
Today our Sunday Supper group offers you a Squash Fest, hosted by Alice of A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen  and Christy of Confessions of a Culinary Diva . Try my Spaghetti Squash Casserole or something else from the list of 47 recipes below that floats your boat!
Starters – Appetizers & Cocktails:
- Bourbon Pumpkin Pie in a Glass  from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Spaghetti Squash and Zucchini Pancakes  from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Zucchini Pizza Bites  from Mommas Meals
- Zucchini Tomato Focaccia Bread with Pretzel Salt  from Family Foodie
Pickles & Relish:
Soups & Salads:
- Creamy Dairyfree Zucchini Soup  from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Easy Slow Cooker Pasta e Fagioli e Zucchini  from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Pumpkin Soup with Bacon and Persimmon  from Culinary Adventures with Camillia
- Tofu Vegetable Soup  from What Smells So Good?
- Zucchini Cheese Soup  from Noshing with the Nolands
- Zucchini Noodles with Basil Vinaigrette  from Ruffles and Truffles
- Acorn Squash Ramen  from Ninja Baking
- Beef, Butternut & Potato Pie  from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Beef Ragu over Spaghetti Squash  from The Texan New Yorker
- Black Bean, Butternut Squash & Millet Stuffed Poblano Peppers with Ancho-Guajillo Chile Sauce  from Simply Healthy Family
- Chorizo-Stuffed Zucchini  from La Cocina de Leslie
- Gluten Free Zucchini Noodles & Meatballs  from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Italian Sausage Zucchini Lasagna  from Curious Cuisiniere
- Risotto with Butternut Squash, Chicken and Sage  from Cooking Chat
- Sausage and Farro Stuffed Acorn Squash  from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Sausage Stuffed Zucchini Cups  from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Sesame Zucchini Noodles (Zoodles)  from Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Spaghetti Squash Casserole  from Shockingly Delicious
- Spinach and Mushroom Quiche with Spaghetti Squash Crust  from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Stuffed Red Kuri Squash  from Food Lust People Love
- Zucchini-Corn Pancakes  from The Weekend Gourmet
- Cheesy Thyme Baked Acorn Squash  from An Appealing Plan
- Creamy Baked Acorn Squash  from Simply Gourmet
- Grilled Zucchini and Corn Succotash  from Take a Bite Out of Boca
- Kabocha no Nimono (Simmered Acorn Squash)  from A Mama, Baby and Shar Pei in the Kitchen
- Roasted Kabocha Squash  from Peaceful Cooking
- Roasted Zucchini and Yellow Squash Galette  from Rhubarb and Honey
- Spaghetti Squash Fritters  from Nosh My Way
- Sweet and Savory Roasted Delicata Squash and Pear  from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Zucchini Succotash Cobbler with Cornbread Topping  from The Wimpy Vegetarian
Sweets to Start or End the Day:
- Chocolate Zucchini Bundt Cake  from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Zucchini Coffeecake with Chocolate Crumb  from Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Chocolate Zucchini Pancakes  from Brunch with Joy
- Granny’s Zucchini Bread  from Pies and Plots
- Pumpkin Cheesecake French Toast Roll Ups with Pumpkin Spice Dipping Sauce  from Chocolate Moosey
- Pumpkin Cookie Butter Cinnamon Buns with Cookie Butter Glaze  from Grumpy’s Honey Bunch
- Pumpkin Pie Layer Cheesecake Bars  from Wallflour Girl
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes  from The Foodie Army Wife
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Cookies  from Killer Bunnies Inc.
- Zucchini Brownies  from Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Zucchini Lemon Ginger Bread  from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Join us around the family table for #SundaySupper
- Twitter how-to: Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag throughout the day on Twitter to see our recipes. To join the conversation anytime, simply use the #SundaySupper hashtag to share your favorite tips and recipes.
- Pinterest: Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board  for more recipes and photos.
- Join: To join the Sunday Supper Movement, sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement .