Is it too much to ask that weeknight dinners be relatively fast, healthy AND simple enough that they don’t further drain your brain after a long workday?
Nope, not too much to ask! It’s quite do-able with a skillet meal and some dark leafy greens. Throw in some taco flavors and you have a winner that will appeal to the entire family.
You really don’t need a recipe for this one, but I’ll share it with you anyway, in case you feel like following directions. What? You? Follow directions? I know, crazy, right?
And if you’re a rugged individualist, sub in your own ingredients, tweak as you like, and make it to suit your own family and what you need to use up from the fridge or pantry.
Just don’t forget the greens. You always need greens.
Our Weekday Supper cooks have lots of good suggestions for helping you get a healthy dinner on the table in a reasonable amount of time. See below for the week’s menu, and choose something new to try out on your family or friends!
This week’s easy Weekday Supper recipes are:
- Monday – Curried Chickpeas over Wilted Greens  by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Tuesday – Chicken Bacon Leek Casserole  by Noshing With The Nolands
- Wednesday – Lemony Swiss Chard and Quinoa Sauté with Fried Capers and Olives  by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Thursday – Turkey Lentil Taco Salad  by Shockingly Delicious
- Friday – Gluten Free Scalloped Potatoes with Ham and Kale  by Gluten Free Crumbley