Recipe: Summer Nectarine Chicken Salad
Summary: Sweetened by luscious Masumoto Farms nectarines and juicy Black Muscato grapes, this is summer’s perfect impromptu chicken salad for a sweltering evening.
- Poached, roasted or grilled chicken, chopped
- Avocado, diced
- Ripe LeGrande nectarines, peeled, pitted and diced
- Black Muscato grapes, halved
- Grilled corn on the cob, kernels sliced off
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- Lettuce (include arugula if possible, for bite)
- Kale leaf, rib removed and cut into a chiffonade
- Croutons: Trader Joe’s Raisin Rosemary Crisps or other leftover crackers (or Marcona almonds)
- Dressing: bottled Asian Sesame dressing (I used Girard’s Chinese Chicken Salad Dressing, but use your favorite)
- Combine all salad ingredients in a bowl and toss gently to combine. You will use amounts that seem right to you, depending on how many people you are serving. This salad is an exercise in creativity, so try not to obsess over exact amounts. If you want 10 grapes, then use 10!
- Dress lightly with your favorite bottled Asian sesame-type dressing (or you can try this homemade version  if you have time).
- Sprinkle with broken crackers or croutons, or my new love, roasted Marcona almonds.
My new favorite cracker is Trader Joe’s Raisin Rosemary Crisps, a savory, nutty crunchy, thin little toast with just a hint of raisiny sweetness. It is perfect with cheese, or used here broken up as a crouton, or just for a snack. Try them, and don’t hate me if you get addicted. This is not junk food!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Number of servings (yield): Your choice!
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
The Black Muscato Grapes were sent by Melissa’s Produce.