Recipe: Mesquite Turkey, Mango and Pepper Jack Cheese Wrap
Summary: A classic turkey and pepper jack cheese sandwich sweetened with fresh mango and brought up to date in a wrap, for back to school!
- 1 flour tortilla (burrito-size works best)
- Dijon mustard
- 3 slices of mesquite turkey lunch meat
- 1-2 slices pepper jack cheese
- Several slices fresh ripe mango
- Optional: shredded lettuce, spinach or arugula
- Lay tortilla flat on work surface, and spread with a smear of mustard. Layer meat, cheese and mango. Top with shredded lettuce or spinach if you can get away with it!
- Makes 1. Multiply ingredients by as many as you wish to make!
Wrap advice from Katie Workman
Don’t overfill the wrap. Workman advises, “Layer ingredients on about 3/4 of the wrap, leaving a little space around the edge for things to squish outward when you roll it up. And then on the edge of the one quarter that has no filling, put a smear of the condiment of your choice, like mustard or mayo. As you roll up the wrap, starting with the filled side closest to you and rolling toward the barer edge, the filling will slide into bare space a bit, ideally leaving you with enough room so that the condiment at the edge will help seal up the wrap as you finish rolling.” Right? It sounds complicated when you write it all out; in fact, you’ll see how easy it is, and once you make your first or second wrap, the rolling will be second nature.
The Professor likes to occasionally put this sandwich on cinnamon raisin bread (yes, don’t make fun of it until you have tried it!), and stick it in the panini machine to melt the cheese. Sure, it isn’t still hot when he eats it for lunch, but it makes for a different sandwich experience.
You may use any type of fresh ripe mango available to you. Here is a mango variety and availability chart  so you can see what is in season when you get ready to make these. These mangos were sent to me by the National Mango Board , for testing and recipe development.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 1
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
The #SundaySupper Group , whose mission is to bring Sunday supper back to the family table in every home, has enjoyed creating Katie’s recipes and her inspiration for back to school.
Please enjoy our Back to School menu from “Mom 100,” and cook something from here yourself. Have a shockingly delicious week!
Easy Breakfast ideas:
- Hawaiian Scrambled Eggs Cupcakes & Kale Chips 
- Scrambled Eggs with sausage and fresh herbs by Basic n Delicious 
- Breakfast Wraps by Magnolia Days 
- Scrambled Eggs with Herb Croutons Comfy Cuisine 
- Scrambled Eggs for Preschoolers In the Kitchen with Audrey 
- Chicken Caesar Salad Wrap by Meal Planning Magic 
- California Chicken Wraps by Momma’s Meals 
- Chicken, Hummus, and sautéed Vegetable Wraps by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks 
- Grilled Roast Beef Wraps with Horseradish Mayo by Juanita’s Cocina 
- Mesquite Turkey, Mango and Pepper Jack Wraps by Shockingly Delicious 
- Hummus, Cucumber, Roasted Pepper and Carrot Lunchbox Wrap by Mama’s Blissful Bites 
- Quick and Easy Mozzarella and Meatball Wrap by Mama Mommy Mom 
- Herbed Beef Wraps by Brie’s Bites 
- California Wraps by Daily Dish Recipes 
- Sautéed Corn, with Double Bacon, Scallions and Shrimp by The Meltaways 
- Garlic Lemon Rosemary Roasted Chicken by Supper for a Steal 
- Kebab Chicken & Grilled Veggie Wraps with Tahini Sauce by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz 
- Fresh mozzarella Pasta Casserole by The Weekend Gourmet 
- Choose Your Topping Grilled Pizza by In the Kitchen with KP 
- Quesadillas Your Way by Mrs. Mama Hen 
- Yum Yum Salmon Quesadillas by Family Foodie 
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares by Girlichef 
- Fudgy One-Pot Raspberry Cocoa Brownies by Chocolate Moosey 
- Fudgy One-Pot Brownies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake 
- Pear Choco Walnut Coffee Cake by Vintage Kitchen Notes 
- Peach Clafoutis by The Messy Baker Blog 
Come join us live on Twitter today at 4 p.m. PST where we will chat about back to school culinary challenges (using hashtag #SundaySupper). Also check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board  for more recipes.
- Connect with Katie Workman, Author of The Mom 100 Cookbook:
- The Mom 100 blog Katie shares recipes, tips and inspiration.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/katieworkman100 
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/katieworkman100 
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/katieworkman100 
- Website: www.themom100.com 
- Buy The Mom 100 Cookbook