Cranberry Breakfast Cake bakes up like a dream, with tart berries in a lightly sweet almond-scented cake, topped with nutty streusel.
Cranberry cake for breakfast is the best idea you can have and take action on during the month of November. Hop to it as soon as you see cranberries in the store.
This rustic cake is chock full of ruby red, fresh cranberries enrobed in a delicious cake perfumed with almond, capped off with my beloved streusel. If a coffee cake has streusel on it, I want it.
It’s among the best fresh cranberry recipes I have ever made. And I’ve made a lot of them in my decades of baking. So…that’s what I’m saying…make it or regret it.
How to make Cranberry Breakfast Cake
First, gather all your ingredients, as usual. This ensures you have everything you will need.
Add the streusel topping ingredients to a mixer bowl.
I use the stand mixer to make the streusel.
You could also cut the butter in with a pastry blender, or a simple fork, so do it whichever way you like. I most often do it with a mixer.
Mix the almonds into the streusel and set it aside in a little bowl.
Make the cake in the same mixer bowl (don’t wash it!) by stirring the cranberries and almonds into the dry ingredients.
Stir to coat them.
Then mix in the wet ingredients.
Batter will be verrry thick!
Sprinkle streusel on top.
Cranberry Breakfast Cake is ready for the oven.
This makes a great dessert, too, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, or some lightly sweetened whipped cream.
Let’s go! Carpe diem and whip this baby up. You want this Cranberry Breakfast Cake to be ready for tomorrow’s breakfast, right?
Pin the image below for Cranberry Breakfast Cake to your Pinterest board to save this recipe
Other breakfast cakes you might enjoy
It’s Cranberry Week!
Take a look at more recipes from my food blogger friends, for our celebration of Cranberry Week ⇓
Wednesday Cranberry Recipes
- Cranberry and Prosciutto Pizza  by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Cranberry Apple Crisp  by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Cranberry Bliss Coffee Cake  by Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Chicken Meatballs  by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies  by Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
- Cranberry Old Fashion  by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Cranberry Onion Relish/Thokku  by Magical Ingredients
- Cranberry Orange Bread  by House of Nash Eats
- Cranberry Orange Cinnamon Rolls  by Sweet Beginnings
- Cranberry Praline Fudge  by The Freshman Cook
- Cranberry Rice Pilaf  by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cranberry Sauce Muffins  by Making Miracles
- Fresh Cranberry Breakfast Cake by Shockingly Delicious THAT’S ME! YOU ARE HERE!
- Glazed Cranberry Gingerbread Muffins  by Savory Moments
Thanks for visiting…are you hungry for more? Follow Shockingly Delicious on…
…for all the latest recipes, ideas and updates!
This post may contain affiliate/referral links. It is a way for this site to earn advertising fees (at no cost to you) by advertising or linking to certain products and/or services that I approve and prefer. Thank you for using my affiliate link to shop, so I can continue to bring you shockingly delicious recipes!