Recipe: Chunky Plum Salsa Cruda
Summary: Sweet plums in season highlight this chunky, rustic chopped salsa, which works well with simple grilled fish, steak or chicken.
- 2 green onions, chopped finely
- 4 mini sweet bell peppers (a variety of colors if possible), stemmed, seeded and chopped finely
- 24 briny olives (Kalamata or Nicoise preferred), pitted and chopped (fewer olives if you prefer)
- 1 tomato, seeded and finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 Flavorosa Plumcot (or use your favorite plum), chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons orange-flavored olive oil (I used Blood Orange Olive Oil from Hotel Valencia)
Dorothy Reinhold | ShockinglyDelicious.com
Other ways to use plums and plumcots
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (Nouveau)
This recipe originally was published in July 2014, and republished today.
Disclosure: Melissa’s Produce sent the plums for recipe testing.