Recipe: Chicken and Israeli Couscous Vegetable Salad
Summary: Fast and easy vegetable-centric grains salad enriched with rotisserie chicken makes a great weeknight meal.
- 3 cups cooked Trader Joe’s Harvest Grains Blend (or Israeli couscous), cooled (*see note below) [this is 1 1/4 cups dry grains blend, cooked to package directions]
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2-3 thinly sliced green onions
- 4 diced radishes
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 4 mini yellow bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 25 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Bottled salad dressing
- Garnish: Chopped fresh basil
- In a large bowl, add cooked grains or couscous, chicken, onions, radishes, carrot, bell pepper, tomatoes and parsley. Mix gently.
- Sprinkle lightly with ground cumin, drizzle some dressing over the salad and mix again to combine. Taste and add additional dressing or cumin, if needed. Refrigerate.
- To serve, portion into 4 wide bowls and garnish with basil shreds if you like.
- Serves 4 for a main dish, or more as a side dish. 
*If you don’t want to use the TJ’s grains blend, use cooked rice, barley, wheat berries, couscous, orzo or anything similar. Use what you have hanging around!
Dorothy Reinhold | Shockingly Delicious. This recipe was first published in March 2010 , and I have updated it here today.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Throughout the week, you can find the #SundaySupper food blogger team also sharing #WeekdaySupper meals. Getting families back to the dinner table is our mission, and I hope we inspire you to try some of our delicious recipes. You can find them on our Pinterest Boards , too. Please join us there and try something!
- Monday – Stuffed Orzo Salad  by MealDiva
- Tuesday – Grilled, Garlicky Lamb Lollipops by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Wednesday – Easy Japanese Savory Okonomiyaki Pancakes  by NinjaBaking.com
- Thursday – Chicken and Israeli Couscous Vegetable Salad  by Shockingly Delicious
- Friday – Coconut Rice Pilaf with Peas & Fresh Herbs  by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz