Recipe: Cherry Tomato and Preserved Lemon Salad
Summary: Sweet from the cherry tomatoes, salty from the preserved lemon, with a kick from the Hatch chiles, this salad is a perfect summer salad.
- About 20 ounces of cherry tomatoes (64 cherry tomatoes – I counted!)
- 2 Hatch chiles, roasted, skinned, stemmed, seeded and chopped (or substitute roasted diced green chiles or pepperoncini)
- 2 tablespoons finely minced preserved lemon rind 
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Grinding of fresh pepper
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half and add to large bowl. Add chiles, lemon, garlic, oil and a grinding of fresh pepper and stir to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking, adding more pepper if you like, and a pinch of salt only if needed. The preserved lemons are salty so you probably won’t need additional salt.
- Serves 4.
- This is wonderful freshly made, and also good the next day as leftovers. Refrigerate.
Preserved lemons have been cured in salt. You may make your own , very simply, or buy them in a specialty foods store or Middle Eastern market.
Completely inspired by my pal Nancy Eisman from Adventures with Nancy Rose . I lightly adapted her recipe  and made a few tweaks to suit myself. Please do the same when you make it at your house! Tweaking is not only allowed, but appreciated!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Diet type: Vegetarian, Vegan
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Middle Eastern
If you like this recipe and want to save it, pin the image below to your Pinterest board.
Want even more tomato recipes? For 90+ more recipes with tomatoes, see our Food Bloggers L.A. Tomato and Zucchini summer roundup !