Recipe: Avocado Lemon Grass Ice Cream
- 2 ripe California avocados (6-7 ounces each) (I prefer Haas avocados)
- 3 1/2-4 tablespoons freshly squeezed Meyer lemon juice
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Gourmet Garden Lemon Grass Herb Blend 
- Cut avocados in half, remove pits and spoon flesh into a blender or small food processor. Whirl for about 30 seconds, stopping to scrape down the sides as necessary. It will make a smooth paste.
- Scrape paste into a lidded quart container. Stir in lemon juice, half and half, sugar and lemon grass, until well combined and sugar has dissolved.
- Put lid on and refrigerate until cold, at least 3 hours or overnight. (The lemon juice will keep it from becoming brown.)
- Pour avocado mixture into ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s directions. This should take about 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately, or return ice cream to lidded container and freeze.
- Makes 6-8 servings. Small servings suffice!
–I am indebted to Sandy Hu for the inspiration for my ice cream !
What else to do with lemon grass?
Hooked on lemon grass? Try this Grilled Lemongrass Ginger Chicken 
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooling time: 3 hours + 30 minutes in the ice cream freezer
Diet type: Vegetarian
Number of servings (yield): 6-8 (small servings)
Culinary tradition: USA (Nouveau)
What else interesting have you done with avocados? Tell me in the comments!