Recipe: Gory Green Monster Eyeball Dip
- A handful of grapes, both green and red, or whatever color grapes you can find
- Guacamole (either chunky homemade or store-bought)
- Mission brand Halloween Tortilla Chips (or any tortilla chip or vegetable dippers)
- Wash, dry and peel the grapes, using your smallest paring knife.
- Fold skinned grapes into prepared guacamole, scoop into serving bowl (make sure eyeballs are showing on top of dip), and surround with chips or vegetable dippers.
- Be sure to label the dip in your spookiest printing.
My favorite new prepared guacamole is Cabo Fresh Guacamole, which is 95% avocado, and the rest seasonings (no preservatives). It’s organic, and delicious! If you want, make your own version from ripe fresh mashed avocados, chopped onion, tomatoes and cilantro, a squirt of lemon or lime juice, a pinch of salt, and maybe some fresh garlic. You can use Elizabeth Rafeedie’s great recipe , or wing it.
I found these Mission brand Halloween Tortilla Chips, in black and bright orange, in Vons. Look for them, or use regular tortilla chips, and/or whatever vegetable dippers you like.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Diet type: Vegetarian
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: Mexican
The #SundaySupper cooks are conjuring up some magic in our bubbling cauldrons to bring you everything from Ghoulish Gruel to Haunted Snacks to Spooky Sweets, and of course a few Bewitching Brews!
Witches, ghosts, goblins, vampires, zombies, monsters…everyone is invited. You don’t want to miss this hair-raising party.
On the menu for our Trick-or-Treat #SundaySupper Halloween Party:
- Shrunken Heads in Cider - Girlichef 
- Candy Corn Martini - The Messy Baker Blog 
- Wine Pairings - ENOFYLZ 
- Steak Bites with Bloody Mary Dipping Sauce - I Run for Wine 
- Eggs in Purgatory - My Catholic Kitchen 
- Mini Jack-o’-Lantern Sloppy Joe Pies - Small Wallet Big Appetite 
- Baked Mummy Cheese Dogs - In the Kitchen with KP 
- Meat Head - Ruffles & Truffles 
- Goblin Eggs - Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen 
- Mummy Hot Dogs - Damn Delicious 
- Spooky Kid Pizzas - Sustainable Dad 
- Pumpkin Chili, Pumpkin Dip, & Wicken Witch’s Brew - Daddy Knows Less 
- Monster Mash - Cindy’s Recipes & Writings 
- Sloppy Worm Sandwiches - La Cocina de Leslie 
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Biscoff Cream - The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen 
- Spooky Ogre Eye Cookies - The Realistic Nutritionist 
- Jack O’ Lantern Cookies - Magnolia Days 
- Spooky Good Popcorn Snack Mix - The Weekend Gourment 
- White Chocolate & Coconut Dipped Strawberry Ghosts - Sue’s Nutrition Buzz 
- Monster Bites - Cravings of a Lunatic 
- Vegan Halloween Sugar Cookies - Hezzi-D’s Books & Cooks 
- Monster Cookies - Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts 
- Tunnel of Doom Cake - That Skinny Chick Can Bake 
- Candy-Stuffed Rice Crispy Treat Pumpkins - Chocolate Moosey 
- Crispy Graham Bones - The Meltaways 
- Dulce de Leche Bat Cookies - Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends 
- Witch’s Fingers - Noshing with The Nolands 
- Sweet Intestines with Broken Glass - The Little Ferraro Kitchen 
- Graveyard Brownies - The Wimpy Vegetarian 
- Boo Candy Corn & Chocolate Chip Cookies - Hip Foodie Mom 
- Bleeding Devil Cakes - Momma’s Meals 
- Pumpkin Halloween Munch - Big Bear’s Wife 
- Halloween Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cake Pops - Juanita’s Cocina 
- Jack-O-Lantern Carrot Cake - Galactosemia in PDX 
- Ghostly Chocolate Orange Tarts - Happy Baking Days 
- The Wicken Bao - The Urban Mrs 
- Messy Monster Cookies - MarocMama 
- Bewitchingly Delicious Butterscotch Broomstick Cake Pops - Mama.Mommy.Mom. 
- Halloween Popcorn Cake - Pippis in the Kitchen Again 
- Witches Morning Gruel - In the Kitchen with Audrey 
- White Chocolate & Dulce de Leche Ghosts - Vintage Kitchen Notes 
- Peanut Butter Candy Bar Cookies - The Cookie A Day Challenge 
- Monster Cookie Revel Bars - Baker Street 
- Halloween Cereal Bars - Basic N Delicious 
- Ossi di Morti (Bones of the Dead Cookies) - Webicurean 
- Pumpkin Pie Pinwheels - Midlife Road Trip 
Please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day, today during #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting at 4 p.m. (PST) for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about all things Halloween. All you have to do is follow the #SundaySupper  hashtag, or you can follow us through TweetChat .