Tuscan Kale Salad
True Food Kitchen
- 4-6 cups Italian black kale, loosely packed, sliced leaves, midribs removed (called Lacinato, “dinosaur,” or cavolo nero)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Hot red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2/3 cup grated Pecorino Toscano cheese (Rosselino variety if you can find it) or other flavorful grating cheese such as Asiago or Parmesan
- ½ cup freshly made bread crumbs from lightly toasted bread
Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper, and a generous pinch (or more to taste) of hot red pepper flakes. Pour over kale in serving bowl and toss well. Add 2/3 of the cheese and toss again. Let kale sit for at least 5 minutes. Add bread crumbs, toss again, and top with remaining cheese.
Santa Monica Place, 1st floor (not in the 3rd floor food court!)
395 Santa Monica Place, Suite 172
Santa Monica, CA 90401
Monday-Thursday: 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Friday: 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. (brunch served until 3 p.m.)
Sunday: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. (brunch served until 3 p.m.)
Disclosure: My meal was provided by the restaurant at no cost to me. My opinions are entirely my own and I was under no obligation of any kind.