Summary: A fragrant, garlicky olive spread with a bright zing from citrus. Perfect with crackers, as a sandwich spread, dolloped onto scrambled eggs or a baked potato!
- 1 cup pitted Niçoise or Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons rinsed and chopped capers
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons rinsed and chopped anchovies
- A few grindings of fresh black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Cognac or Armagnac (optional but use it if you have it)
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 4-6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Whirl all ingredients in a food processor until the olives are finely ground.
- Serve in a bowl with crackers surrounding.
- Serves 8. (Just kidding, serves 1.)
From chef Joyce Goldstein, who published it in her book “The Mediterranean Kitchen,” via caterer Gisele Perez. 
What do you do with Tapenade:
–Use it as a spread for crackers or baguette slices
–Use as a sandwich spread
–Dollop a bit on a fried egg if you are an adventurous breakfast eater
–Stir a dollop into your ground beef when you are forming hamburger patties
–Dollop on top of a baked potato
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Diet tags: Raw
Number of servings (yield): 8