Recipe: Sweet Hot Grilled Cheese Turkey Sandwich
- 2 slices French bread (or use your favorite bread or slim roll)
- 1 ½ teaspoons fig jam
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 slice Sargento Pepper Jack Natural Sliced Cheese
- A few baby arugula leaves (optional)
- 2 slices roast mesquite-smoked turkey
- Heat countertop grill or panini press.
- Spread fig jam on one slice and Dijon mustard on another. Lay cheese on bread (adjust cheese amount depending on how cheesy and spicy you want your sandwich). Arrange arugula on cheese, and top with turkey followed by second slice of bread.
- Grill for a minute or two, until cheese is melted and bread is toasted.
- Remove, allow to rest for 30 seconds, and slice in half.
- Serves 1.
Preparation time: 6 minutes
Cooking time: 4 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 1
Culinary tradition: USA (General)