Recipe: Sun-Dried Tuna Italian Rice Bowl
- 3 (5-ounce) cans Bumble Bee® Prime Fillet® Albacore Tuna with Sundried Tomatoes & Olive Oil 
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini (white kidney beans), rinsed and drained
- 3-3 1/2 cups cooked brown rice (hot, warm or at room temperature)
- 6 ounces cherry or grape tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Garnish: shredded fresh basil
- Add tuna and its oil to a mixing bowl. Stir to break up the tuna chunks slightly. Add beans and stir gently (don’t mash them).
- Place rice in 4 shallow, wide salad bowls (or on dinner plates), and top with tuna-bean mixture. Strew cherry tomatoes and Parmesan cheese on top of each portion, and garnish with pine nuts and fresh basil.
- Serves 4.
I am a member of the Bee Squad for Bumble Bee tuna. Canned tuna makes an excellent protein for quick weeknight dinners because it is already cooked and ready to deploy. Bumble Bee sent the tuna for recipe testing.
Dorothy Reinhold/Shockingly Delicious
- Add chopped fresh oregano
- Add a few sliced Kalamata olives
- Put the tuna-bean mixture over a bed of fresh arugula instead of using rice, for a lower-carb dinner
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Diet type: Pescatarian
Diet tags: High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Italian
Throughout the week, you can find the #SundaySupper team sharing #WeekdaySupper meals as well. Getting families back to the dinner table is our mission, and I hope we inspire you to try some of our delicious recipes. You can find them on our Pinterest Boards  as well. Please join us and try something!
This week’s easy Weekday Supper recipes are:
- Monday – That Skinny Chick Can Bake – Chicken Piccata 
- Tuesday – Supper For A Steal – Roasted Poblano Mac and Cheese 
- Wednesday – Shockingly Delicious – Sun-Dried Tuna Italian Rice Bowl 
- Thursday – Cindy’s Recipes and Writings – Sausage and Peppers Turnovers 
- Friday -Cravings of a Lunatic – Farmers Market Pasta Salad