SLOW COOKER APPLE BUTTER: Perfectly spiced, sweet, homemade apple butter practically makes itself overnight in the slow cooker.
It probably won’t surprise you to know that I’m a big fan of giving gifts from the kitchen.
If you’re even slightly handy with food or enjoy spending time in your kitchen, I highly recommend it. Everyone I know appreciates something you’ve made yourself rather than simply purchased.
Today I’m going to show you how easy it is to make Slow Cooker Apple Butter. And because it is so incredibly delicious, your recipient will eat it right up so we aren’t going to bother to “can” it. So it won’t be able to sit on the shelf for a year, but don’t worry, the lucky gift-getter can keep it in the refrigerator, and beg you for another jar in a week.
Why make your own apple butter?
It’s so-o-o-o-o good, that’s why. It’s better than store-bought, with fresh spices and a lively, just-sweet-enough flavor, and is non-fat, as well. And this version perfumes your house for days with apples and cinnamon, because of the slow cooking technique. The timing trick is to put it in the Crock-Pot at night after dinner on a Friday or Saturday night, so that when you get up the next morning, the initial 12-hour cooking time will have elapsed. Then you uncover it and cook longer to thicken it, and jar it for refrigeration.
How to sweeten apple butter
In truth, you can sweeten apple butter any way you like. I like the simplicity and clean flavor of granulated sugar, so I am using Imperial Pure Cane Granulated Sugar for this recipe. Imperial Sugar is one of our generous sponsors for Apple Week, and I am delighted to show off their sugar, which has been used in home kitchen across the southwest since 1843. Their sugars are 100% natural and non-GMO. I am also a big fan of their brown sugar (but that’s a story and recipe for another day).
Apple Week continues all week, with 200+ recipes from 40+ bloggers, all of us apple fans. Check out the list of today’s recipes right after my recipe. Of course there’s a giveaway as well, so please make sure you enter the giveaway, and join me in following Imperial Sugar on Facebook , Instagram , Pinterest , Twitter  and Google+ .
Here are today’s Apple Week recipes
- 1-Pot Apple Sausage Meatballs  by Books n’ Cooks
- ABC Sheet Pan Dinner  by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Apple Bacon Goat Cheese Salad  by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Apple Bourbon Float  by Our Good Life
- Apple Butter Overnight Chia Oatmeal  by Love and Confections
- Apple Cinnamon Layer Cake with Brown Butter Streusel  by The Baking Fairy
- Apple Cornbread Cakelets  by The Redhead Baker
- Apple Crumble Muffins  by The Anthony Kitchen
- Apple Noodle Kugel  by Palatable Pastime
- Caramel Apple Pie Dip  by Mildly Meandering
- Apple Pie Donuts  by Daily Dish Recipes
- Apple Pie Turnovers  by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Apple Pork Burgers  by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Apple Cranberry Crock Pot Stuffing  by West Via Midwest
- Baked Chai-Spiced Apple Chips  by Culinary Adventures With Camilla
- Beet Apple Salad with Maple Vinaigrette  by Caroline’s Cooking
- Butterscotch Harvest Cake  by Tip Garden
- Caramel Apple Cookie Bars  by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Caramel Apple Sheet Cake  by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cinnamon Apple Crumb Cake  by Cookaholic Wife
- Cinnamon Caramel Apple Frozen Custard  by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck
- Cold Apple Cider with Caramel Infused Rum  by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Creamy Blue Cheese & Sliced Apple Crostini  by Who Needs a Cape?
- Deconstructed Chocolate Caramel Mini Apple Pie  by The Freshman Cook
- Deconstructed Skillet Apple Dumplings  by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Fall Panzanella Salad  by House of Nash Eats
- Fresh Apple Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze  by Soulfully Made
- German Apple Cake with Brown Sugar Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting  by Cooking With Carlee
- Glazed Spiced Apple Cider Cookies  by Savory Moments
- Hasselback Apples  by Kate’s Recipe Box
- PB Apple Muffins  by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Skillet Apple and Sausage Stuffing Recipe  by Lemon Blossoms
- Skinny Apple Crisp  by The Saucy Fig
- Slow Cooker Apple Butter  by Shockingly Delicious
- One Pan Pork Chops with Apples and Cinnamon  by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Out of This World Apple Cake  by Family Around the Table
Enter the giveaway! 7 prizes…7 people will win!
You can see the prizes here. 
a Rafflecopter giveaway 
Disclaimer: Thank you Apple Week sponsors Swiss Diamond, Nordic Ware, Envy Apples, Imperial Sugar, The Spice House, Rodelle Vanilla, Flahavan’s Irish Oats and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The AppleWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Seven (7) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The AppleWeek bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the AppleWeek posts or entry.