Recipe: Roasted Radishes
Summary: Roasting elevates radishes to a new plane — sweetening them, taming some of the bite, and giving a softer, fuller flavor.
- 2 bunches fresh radishes, washed, dried, stems removed
- Olive oil
- Dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place a sheet tray in the oven to get it smoking hot.
- In a bowl, toss radishes in oil (just a little bit), salt, pepper, and thyme. When tray is hot, toss the radishes on the tray (they will sizzle) and put the tray back in the oven.
- Every 3-4 minutes or so, stir the tray so the radishes in the corners move to the middle, and vice-versa. Total cooking time should be 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of the radishes.
- When ready, they’ll be blistered and pink with just a little bite left to the texture.
- Serve as a side dish with a drizzle of fresh olive oil, or fold into a salad.
- Serves 4-6.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Diet type: Vegetarian
Number of servings (yield): 4-6
Culinary tradition: USA (General)