Recipe: Portobello Pork Panini
Summary: Mushroom-marinated pork tenderloin combines with rich truffle cheese and peppery arugula for a memorable panini.
- 1 sourdough roll (I used La Bread Bakery rolls, my favorite!)
- Mayonnaise (optional)
- Several slices of truffle cheese (I got this from Trader Joe’s)
- Several slices of Smithfield Marinated Pork Tenderloin, Portobello Mushroom flavored 
- Baby arugula
- Black pepper
- Slice the roll in half, and very lightly spread cut sides with mayonnaise if you wish. (Optional; the sandwich will be delicious without it, too.) Add cheese, pork slices, arugula and a grinding of fresh pepper.
- Close the sandwich and grill it for 5+ minutes, until the cheese is melted and the bread crisps.
- Remove, cut in half and serve!
- Serves 1.
Dorothy Reinhold | Shockingly Delicious
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 1
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Disclosure: Smithfield sent product for recipe development and compensated me for this post.