Recipe: Pixie Tangerine Dressing
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (Grey Poupon brand preferred)
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey (or agave) (Vital Zuman  organic honey preferred)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (or 1 tablespoon fresh)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Grind of fresh pepper
- Zest of 2 Pixie tangerines
- 1/4 cup Pixie tangerine juice (from 2 Pixies)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (Malibu Olive Oil  preferred)
- Add mustard through rice vinegar to a blender container and whirl for 15 seconds until combined.
- With blender running, add oil in a slow, steady stream until the dressing emulsifies and holds together.
- Taste and adjust for salt, pepper and sweetness.
- Makes about 1 1/3 cups.
Source: Adapted from a recipe by Malibu caterer Diana Temple .
Brands: I have listed my preferred brands, but of course, use any mustard, honey or oil you like. Just make it!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Diet type: Vegetarian
Culinary tradition: USA (General)