Recipe: Pepperoni Pizza Panini
Summary: Flatbread solves the problem of soggy bread in a Pepperoni Pizza Panini, and has a crust-like texture.
- 4 flatbreads, such as naan or pita
- 1⁄2 cup marinara sauce
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 4 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 8 fresh basil leaves, torn
- Heat the panini press to medium-high heat.
- For each sandwich: Cut the flatbread in half across the diameter, creating two semicircles— these will become your top and bottom halves. Spread a layer of marinara on both flatbread halves. Top one half with a thin layer of cheese and arrange pepperoni slices to cover the cheese. Scatter some basil pieces over the pepperoni and top with more cheese. Close the sandwich with the other flatbread half, marinara side down.
- Grill two panini at a time, with the lid closed, until the cheese is melted and the bread is toasted, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Makes 4 panini.
Recipe and photo © 2013 by Kathy Strahs and used by permission of The Harvard Common Press.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Italian
Update 9/20/13: Sarah M. from Swannanoa, NC is the winner of the cookbook. Congrats, Sarah, and thanks to all of you for playing! Stay tuned because I’m always on the prowl for more great giveaways for ShockD readers.
The publisher, The Harvard Common Press, is giving away a copy of this book to one lucky reader of Shockingly Delicious. To enter, simply do any or all of the following:
- Leave a comment on this post telling me what your favorite panini is.
- Like Shockingly Delicious on Facebook  and leave a comment telling me you did.
- Follow Shockingly Delicious on Twitter  and leave a comment telling me you did and what your Twitter handle is.
- Put me (Dorothy Reinhold) in your Google+ circles and leave a comment telling me you did and what your Google+ name is. You can find me on Google+ here .
- Follow Shockingly Delicious on Instagram  and leave a comment telling me you did.
- Follow my boards on Pinterest  and leave a comment telling me you did.
To participate in the giveaway you may do any of these, and each is considered a separate entry, so leave a separate comment for each one you do.
This giveaway is for one winner of this cookbook from the publisher.
- Open to those with mailing addresses in the USA only.
- Deadline: Submissions will close at noon Pacific Time on Thur., Sept. 19, 2013.
- Winner will be notified via email within 24 hours of the close of the giveaway, and given 48 hours to respond. If I do not receive a response in 48 hours, I’ll need to draw a new winner.
- There is more legal fine print here .
Ready, set, GO!
Disclosure: I received a copy of the cookbook for review, and the publisher will send a copy to my winner. All opinions expressed in the post are my own.