Recipe: Open-Faced Avocado and Peach on Toast
Summary: A perfectly ripe peach from Masumoto Farms needs only a few companions to make a meal – toast, avocado and truffle salt.
- 1 piece of thick bread, toasted
- ½ a ripe avocado, pitted, skinned and sliced thinly
- Pinch truffle salt
- 1/2-1 ripe peach, pitted, skinned and sliced thinly
- Torn basil leaves (optional)
- Lay bread on a plate. Top with fanned-out avocado slices, a pinch of truffle salt, and fanned out peach slices.
- Scatter with some torn basil leaves if you like, and accompany with cherry tomatoes and fresh cantaloupe, if you have it handy.
- A meal doesn’t get any better than that!
- Serves 1.
Feel free to substitute ripe mango slices instead of the peach.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Diet type: Vegetarian, Vegan
Number of servings (yield): 1
Culinary tradition: USA (Nouveau)