Recipe: No-Churn Blood Orange Dreamsicle Ice Cream
Summary: Flecked with peel and colored a delicate pink, this Blood Orange Dreamsicle Ice Cream needs no churning, and is a simply sophisticated dessert that recalls beloved childhood flavors.
- 1 cup cream (regular, not heavy)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Zest of 1 blood orange
- 3 tablespoons blood orange juice (from 1 orange)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch kosher salt
- Pour cream into a 2-cup measuring cup. Add sugar, zest, blood orange juice, vanilla and salt. Stir well until sugar dissolves. The mixture will thicken slightly as you stir, and turn a light pink color.
- Pour into a plastic lidded container and freeze for 8 hours, or overnight.
- To serve, small scoops go well with fresh berries or fruit, plain cookies or even a sprinkling of granola on top.
- Serves 4-6.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Freezing time: 8 hours
Diet type: Vegetarian
Number of servings (yield): 4-6
Culinary tradition: USA (Nouveau)
Disclosure: Melissa’s Produce  provided a sample of the blood orange. There was no expectation or requirement of endorsement. My opinions, as always, are my own.