Recipe: Vanilla Margarita
Summary: Simple yet sophisticated, this Vanilla Margarita has a deliriously good sweet-sour tang, with a heady perfume from Heilala Vanilla.
- 2 ounces good quality tequila (see note below)
- 2 teaspoons Meyer lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Heilala Vanilla Syrup
- Add all ingredients to a measuring cup or cocktail shaker and stir/shake.
- If you like your margarita cold but not icy, then shake with crushed ice and strain into a pretty glass. If you like ice in your drink, add crushed ice to your glass and pour in the margarita.
- Serves. 1. (Oh, who are we kidding? Double this. Still serves 1.)
What tequila should you use? I am overly fond of Don Julio Reposado, made from 100% Blue Agave, double distilled and matured in small oak barrels. Very smooth, rich, with a hint of pear, apple and lemon aroma. It’s pricy at $50ish, but you can often find it on sale for $40ish. Or find something like Jose Cuervo Silver Tequila, more in the $15ish range, which is less special and nuanced, but perfectly fine for a mixed drink such as a margarita. Suit yourself and your wallet.
Another crazy margarita you might like
My award-winning Basilrita (Basil Margarita) !
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Diet type: Vegetarian, vegan
Diet tags: Reduced fat, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 1
Culinary tradition: USA (Nouveau)
Shockingly Delicious and Heilala have joined hands to bring you a very sweet giveaway. Four lucky readers of Shockingly Delicious will win a Heilala Vanilla Syrup 2-Pack. To enter, simply do any or all of the following:
- Leave a comment on this post telling me how you would use Heilala Vanilla Syrup. (Please make sure you enter your email address with your comment so I can reach you if you’re a winner.)
- Like Shockingly Delicious on Facebook  and Heilala Vanilla USA on Facebook  and leave a comment telling me you did.
- Follow Shockingly Delicious on Twitter  and Heilala Vanilla on Twitter  and leave a comment telling me you did and what your Twitter handle is.
- Tweet or RT news about this giveaway, using the wording below or your own wording, but being sure to include @Heilalavanilla and@Shockinglydlish in your wording. Leave me a comment with the URL of your Tweet.
This giveaway is for four winners — each gets a 2-pack (2x250ml bottles) of Heilala Vanilla Syrup (value $30 per pack).
- Open to U.S. residents only with mailing addresses in the USA.
- Deadline: Submissions will close at noon Pacific Time on Monday, Sept. 30, 2013.
- Winners will be notified via email within 24 hours of the close of the giveaway, and given 48 hours to respond. If I do not receive a response in 48 hours, I’ll need to draw new winners.
- There is more legal fine print here .
Ready, set, GO!
Disclosure: I received a sample of Heilala Vanilla Syrup for recipe testing, and Heilala will send winners their packs of syrup.