Recipe: Kumquat Vanilla Marmalade
Summary: Sweet-tart kumquats marry intense vanilla for a Dreamsicle-Creamsicle flavor. It’s wonderful on crackers with cheese or foie gras, liverwurst or a slice of prosciutto.
- Thinly slice the kumquats (paper thin, skin AND flesh) and remove and discard seeds. Place kumquats, water and sugar in a medium pot. Heat until it reaches a boil, then turn heat down to simmer. Cook, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding the vanilla bean paste halfway through.
- When done, the kumquats will be tender and the liquid will be thickened to a syrup.
- Remove from heat and scrape into a squeaky-clean lidded jar. Cool and refrigerate. (Note: this is not canned, so it is not able to stay on the pantry shelf but must be refrigerated.)
- Makes about 1 ¼ cups (+ or -).
Slightly adapted from “Lark: Cooking Against the Grain,” by John Sundstrom (2013; Community Supported Cookbooks)
See this page  for all the wonderful #SundaySupper dishes I have made since I joined this group, and links to all the other delicious dishes made by my fellow cooks.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Diet type: Vegetarian, vegan
Diet tags: Reduced fat, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: USA (Nouveau)
This week our #SundaySupper blogger crew is celebrating Valentine’s recipes for two, hosted by Susan from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen. Check out the variety of things we have cooked up for you! Try this succulent Kumquat Vanilla Marmalade or find something else from the menu below that sets your heart aflutter:
- Bacon-Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Ricotta  from Casa de Crews
- Kumquat Vanilla Marmalade  from Shockingly Delicious
- Southwestern Meatballs wrapped in Bacon  from Momma’s Meals
- Almond-Crusted Sole with Mushroom Pilaf for Two  from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Bacon Crusted Beer Mac and Cheese  from Melanie Makes
- Baked Crab Cakes with Lemongrass-Ginger Mayo  from The Weekend Gourmet
- Baked Pasta with Sausage and Fontina  from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Baked Tilapia En Papillote  from It’s Yummi!
- Chicken and Mushroom Alfredo  from Cookin’ Mimi
- Drunken Snow Crabs  from Family Foodie
- Eggs in Purgatory  from Noshing with the Nolands
- Flambéed Veal Chops  from MealDiva
- Homemade Philly Cheesesteak Stromboli  from In The Kitchen With KP
- Meyer Lemon Butter Sauce Prawns with Linguine  from Food Lust People Love
- Pan Seared Scallops with Lemon-Basil Beurre Blanc, Pancetta, Apples and Fennel  from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Pan-Seared Scallops with Linguine and Tomato-Cream Sauce  from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Roasted Vegetable Lasagna for Two  from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Salmon Pakoras  from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Swiss Fondue for Two  from Curious Cuisiniere
- White Queso Mac and Cheese for Two  from Daily Dish Recipes
Decadent Desserts and Drinks:
- Baked Custard  from Magnolia Days
- Cherry Spritzer Ice Cream Float  from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chocolate Budino with Strawberry Hearts  from Manu’s Menu
- Chocolate Malt Bread Pudding  from Alida’s Kitchen
- Chocolate Marshmallow Duets  from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Pots de Crème  from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Fresh Berry Parfait with Crème Anglaise  from Hip Foodie Mom
- Fudgy Dark Chocolate Brownies with Raspberry Sauce  from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Funfetti Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle  from Take a Bite Out of Boca
- German Rose Water Sugar Cookies For Two  from Killer Bunnies, Inc.
- Gluten Free Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles  from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Gluten-Free Deep Dish Hot Fudge Brownies for Two  from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Ice Cream Stuffed Crepes with Nutella and Fresh Berries  from Neighborfood
- Malawian Mbatata Cookies with Coconut Cream  from Happy Baking Days
- Orange-scented Bread Pudding with Hard Sauce for Two  from girlichef
- Pecan-Crusted Coconut Custards with Brandied Banana Sauce  from The Texan New Yorker
- Pistachio Pudding For Two (From Scratch)  from Chocolate Moosey
- 3 Japanese-Style Treats for Your Sweet  from Ninja Baking
- Valentine’s Cupcakes with a Surprise  from From the Bookshelf
- White Hot Chocolate  from Pies and Plots
Join us around the family table for #SundaySupper
- Twitter how-to: Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag throughout the day on Twitter to see our recipes. To join the conversation anytime, simply use the #SundaySupper hashtag to share your favorite tips and recipes.
- Pinterest: Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board  for more recipes and photos.
- Join: To join the Sunday Supper Movement, sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement .
Disclosure: Frieda’s Produce sent the kumquats for recipe testing. Cut kumquat image courtesy Grant Cochrane | Freedigitalphotos.net.