Recipe: Key Lime Cracker Pie
Summary: This breathtakingly easy Key Lime Cracker Pie is reminiscent of a sweet-sour tangy Key Lime Pie, and uses sweetened condensed milk and Key limes to great effect. It would be a great potluck or party pie!
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup Key lime juice (will use about 12 Key limes)
- Zest from 12 Key limes you are juicing (about 1-2 teaspoons)
- 5 ounces (about 1 1/4 sleeves) Ritz crackers (can use reduced fat version)
- Optional garnish: Shredded Coconut
- Pour cream into a 4-cup measuring cup. Add sweetened condensed milk and stir. Add lime juice and stir until thickened, about 1 minute. The consistency of the mixture will change from milky to thick.
- Spread 1/2 cup filling on bottom of a 9-inch pie plate. Top with a single layer of Ritz crackers. Repeat, alternating layers of filling and crackers until pie plate is full (the final layer should be filling).
- Sprinkle with grated lime zest.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or best is to refrigerate it overnight.
- Cut into wedges and serve. Sprinkle shredded coconut on the slices of those who like it.
- Serves 8.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
This post is linked to http://Tidymom.net.
A hat for this pie?
Friend Lisa Cooke made the pie this past weekend, after drooling about it
for days. She says, “Yum! While it was chillin’, I decided it needed a little
height. So I baked up a meringue top for it. Just slid it from Silpat
to chilled pie and it was delicious. Here’s a picture of the meringue
I say, “brilliant!”