This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of dio . All opinions are 100% mine.
There’s a new creative and social web experience called dio , and it’s fun.
On it, you can explore unique places that are based on anything anyone dreams up.
Dio places are personal and public spaces filled with pictures, video, text and even interactive objects. Places are arranged spatially so users can travel and explore streets, buildings, houses and cities — just like they can in the real world!
You can do anything you want with your Dio place or space.
- An artist might create a place and put different artworks in each album or room.
- A party planner might showcase different parties s/he has orchestrated.
- A young couple planning a wedding might use it to keep track of and explore different wedding options, from dresses and rings to flowers, food, party favors and entertainment.
- A writer might choose to tell a story, with different characters residing in different rooms of her Dio abode.
My 11-year-old son listened to my explanation and said, “Could you make a place like the game ‘Clue,’ where you have to go from room to room to find clues and guess who did it?” Heck yeah, you could! Dio would be a great place to create a game or puzzle, and lead people through it.
You can explore other people’s places, chat with them if you wish (or just lurk), and experience the way another mind views the world. It’s fascinating, and is a more 3-D experience that other social media sites.
I invite you to visit my Dio “house.” 
My house, as you might suspect, is about cooking and recipes. I call it Dorothy’s Shock Shack  (because I’m funny like that). In it I have six rooms, but since they all can’t be the kitchen, I have them labeled according to my latest foodie whims:
- The Greenhouse (salads, green and otherwise)
- Farm Visits (my visits to avocado, citrus and apple farms)
- The Blueberry Room (all things blueberry, including breakfasts and desserts)
- The Lemon Tree (light, lemony, sweet, salty…we celebrate the lemon)
- The Trophy Room (a place I can #humblebrag about recipes that have won me ribbons and medals)
- The Hawaiian Room (my room to celebrate my recent 2-weeks-but-too-short vacation on Kauai and the North Shore of Oahu)
Here’s my Blueberry Room portal…
Please visit me at Shock Shack on Dio . Come see where my family surfed and the gorgeous Hawaii shots. Drool over some delicious pies and other stuff that won me some Blue Ribbons (with links so you can get the recipes to make them yourself), and tromp through the fields with me while we explore how avocados, apples and citrus get from the farm to our fork. Maybe the blueberry and lemon rooms ought to shack up, because those two flavors need to get married.
Here’s my Lemon Tree portal…
[Update May 30, 2013: This contest is closed. The winner from this blog is Kaysi, who has been notified. Congratulations! And thanks to all for participating!]
To give you a boost, Dio is offering a $100 Amazon giftcard giveaway. To enter, all you have to do is:
- Visit Dio.com, create a place, and comment back here on Shockingly Delicious with the email you used to sign up for Dio. (To win, you must be a registered user of Dio.)
- For an extra entry, Tweet with a message about your new place on Dio, and include @dioplaces in the Tweet with a #discoverdio hashtag.
- The giveaway closes May 24, 2013, at 11:59 p.m. Izea will handle winner selection and gift card distribution. You can read the official Contest Rules .
Ready, set, GO!
Come visit Dorothy’s Shock Shack on Dio  and see who else is there to interest you. Maybe you’ll find someone like minded, someone who intrigues you, even someone to flirt with…
I’ll bet you’ll get hooked! (And while you’re at it, you might as well Like dio on Facebook .)