Recipe: Honey Mustard Pretzel Crunch
Summary: Sweet, salty, savory, smoky, spicy and crunchy – this addictive snack has all the food groups covered, and is perfect for game day munching.
- 4 ounces (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 (12-ounce) packages pretzel pieces (honey mustard and onion flavor), such as Snyder’s of Hanover brand
- 3 (6-ounce) can smoked almonds
- 2 tablespoons Melissa’s Hatch Chile Powder (or your favorite chile powder)
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly mist 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray, or coat them with oil.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine butter and honey, then cover and heat in the microwave on medium-high until melted. Stir to blend.
- In a large bowl, combine pretzels, almonds and chile powder. Add the butter and honey mixture and mix well. Spread the pretzel mixture in a single layer on the baking sheets. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool, and then transfer to a serving bowl, toss and serve.
- Serves 6-8.
Pair this with ice-cold beer or a nice Pinot Grigio (Gallo Family Vineyards, anyone?).
“Melissa’s Hatch Chile Cookbook” by Sharon Hernandez and Chef Ida Rodriguez (2013; World Variety Produce, Inc.). Melissa’s sent the cookbook for recipe testing.
See this page  for all the wonderful #SundaySupper dishes I have made since I joined this group, and links to all the other delicious dishes made by my fellow cooks.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 17 minutes
Diet type: Vegetarian
Number of servings (yield): 6-8
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
This week our #SundaySupper blogger crew is celebrating Super Eats for Game Day, hosted by Heather of Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks . Check out the variety of things we have cooked up for you! Try my addictive Honey Mustard Pretzel Crunch or find something else from the menu below that rings your chimes:
Game Day Appetizers:
- Honey Mustard Pretzel Crunch  from Shockingly Delicious
- Salt and Vinegar Wings  from Casa de Crews
- Saucy Wings and Thighs from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Macaroni and Cheese Spring Rolls  from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Steak Rolls from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Alpine Sliders  from Manu’s Menu
- Hellfire Wings  from Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Easy Nacho Bar  from Momma’s Meals
- Jalapeno Popper Taquitos  from Curious Cuisiniere
- Skinny Game Day Guacamole Potato Skins from Daily Dish Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Cups  from Alida’s Kitchen
- Spinach-Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers  from La Cocina de Leslie
- BBQ Veggie Mini Burgers  from Happy Baking Days
- Spicy Roasted Corn Shrimp Dip  from Food Lust People Love
- Honey-Sriracha Pigs in a Blanket  from Hip Foodie Mom
- Beer Cheese Fondue  from Melanie Makes
- Cheesy Artichoke and Garlic Bread  from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Whole Wheat Pepperoni Pizza Bites  from Meal Planning Magic
- Personal Chili Pots  from MealDiva
- Italian Spring Rolls  from Noshing with The Nolands
- Mexican Meatballs with Queso Blanco  from Cooking on the Ranch
- Parmigiano Crisps  from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Buffalo Chicken Potstickers from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Mediterranean Nachos  from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Chinese Barbecue Wings  from girlichef
- Mini Veggie Quesadillas from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Roasted Tomato Hummus  from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Cashew Baba Ghanoush : Roasted Eggplant Dip  from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip Potato Skins  from Family Foodie
- Lemon Bay Pan Roasted Shrimp from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure
- Honey Sesame Seed Crackers  from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
Game Day Entrees:
- Super Sloppy Joes  from The Foodie Army Wife
- Buffalo Chicken Chili from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mini Meatball and Mozzarella Sandwiches  from Cookin’ Mimi
- Super Bowl Bento  from Ninja Baking
- Vegetarian “Chorizo” and Black Bean Chili  from Foxes Love Lemons
- Twice Baked Chili Cheese Potatoes  from Neighborfood
- Barbecue Chicken Sloppy Sandwiches  from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Easy Vegetarian Chili  from Delaware Girl Eats
- Game Day Chili  from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Dr. Pepper Turkey Chili  from The Texan New Yorker
Game Day Desserts:
- Heavenly Hash Cookies from The Foodie Patootie
- Cookie Dough Billionaire Bars  from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Streusel Bars  from Magnolia Days
- Coffee Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake Squares  from Desserts Required
- Microwave Caramel Popcorn  from Pies and Plots
- Mini Coconut Cups  from Basic N Delicious
- Triple Chocolate S’mores Brownies  from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Cracker Jack Candy from What Smells So Good?
Join us around the family table for #SundaySupper
- Twitter how-to: Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag throughout the day on Twitter to see our recipes. To join the conversation anytime, simply use the #SundaySupper hashtag to share your favorite tips and recipes.
- Pinterest: Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board  for more recipes and photos.
- Join: To join the Sunday Supper Movement, sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement .