Recipe: Heart-y Turkey Chili
Summary: Both hearty and heart-healthy, this bowl o’ red features low-fat turkey and low-sodium canned beans and tomatoes in a comforting chili that’s good AND good for you.
- 1 (20-ounce) package lean (93%) ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 (15.25oz) S&W® 50% Less Sodium Red Kidney Beans or S&W® 50% Less Sodium Black Beans, drained, rinsed (I used 1 can of each!)
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained (I used no-salt-added corn)
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes (do not drain) (I used a low-sodium version)
- 1 (8-ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (I used mild Hatch Chile Powder)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Garnishes (optional): Lime wedges, light sour cream, chopped cilantro, shredded Cheddar cheese
- In 12-inch skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium-high heat 5-7 minutes or until turkey is thoroughly cooked, stirring to break up turkey. 
- Add all remaining ingredients except garnishes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover. Simmer 10 minutes. 
- Remove from heat and ladle into bowls.
- Serves 8.
S&W Beans 
Nutritional Information Per Seriving
Calories 220 (From Fat 50), Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 370mg, Total Carbohydrate 22g, Fiber 4g, Sugars 7g, Protein 19g, Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 25%, Calcium 6%, Iron 15%
Preparation time: 8 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Diet tags: Low calorie, High protein, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: USA (Southwestern)
Disclosure: I was compensated for this post by S&W Beans. The opinions are all mine, the recipe is used with their permission, and the photos are Shockingly Delicious originals.